Difference between new and old Rivers of Light show?

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
I see that there is a new version of Rivers of Light now, "We Are One". What is the difference between this and the old one?

1. No shaman/performers
2. More Disney movies/Lion King music and imagery

Floats are the same. :) My FIL works at Rivers and likes the new show more than the old.

As others have said, the new one integrates Disney movie characters into the show, while the old one only showed the animal images. The Shaman's actually went away partly through the old show, that wasn't a change that happened with this new one actually.

Like the new show better than before but. And a huge but. I miss the performers at the beginning with the lanterns. That really changed the whole mode without them.

I agree with this 100%!

Different opinion here. My DD and I both strongly preferred the old Rivers of Light. It was much more subdued theming. The new one was a one and done experience for us. We both miss the old version.

I never saw the old version live, only videos, and it was so boring to me that I wasn't even sure I wanted to try to see it when we visited. Then they changed it, and I watched a video and thought it was much improved. Went this past summer and got a Fastpass for RoL...thought it was absolutely stunning. Really, really enjoyed it. But I just love the whole feel of Animal Kingdom and the films/characters that are featured there (Lion King, Tarzan, Jungle Book, etc). It's very different from the big fireworks spectaculars at the other parks, but that's what makes it unique and special to me. I loved it.

I never saw the old version live, only videos, and it was so boring to me that I wasn't even sure I wanted to try to see it when we visited. Then they changed it, and I watched a video and thought it was much improved. Went this past summer and got a Fastpass for RoL...thought it was absolutely stunning. Really, really enjoyed it. But I just love the whole feel of Animal Kingdom and the films/characters that are featured there (Lion King, Tarzan, Jungle Book, etc). It's very different from the big fireworks spectaculars at the other parks, but that's what makes it unique and special to me. I loved it.

Same! I had watched the videos online and thought, "Boring!", was sure the kids would never be interested in it. But (thankfully), I listened to the good people of this board who encouraged me to give it a try. We absolutely LOVED it. All four of us had tears in our eyes, we thought it was so beautiful. The kids can't wait to go back and see it again.

I have only seen the old version but I loved it - loved the shamans and the music, everything. We were hoping to see it again on our second night at AK but ended up having to leave the park early. I am eager to see the new version as well. I love AK, love the nature and the slower pace.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter