Difference in size, Preferred or Premium.

twolittletinkerbells

Mouseketeer
Taking a trip next Christmas for 21 nights or so. Like the Preferred location, But how much bigger are the Premiums? I may have a cart now, so further away may be ok. 32 ft motor home with super slide and awning. Small car and golf cart. Thanks

The premiums are all concrete and are about 18 feet wide. The preferred seemed to be about 14 feet wide, but have sand pads located at the rear. With our last trailer if I backed up where I wanted to be, the rear entrance door would have come in thru the sand. Did not want to be tracking that inside.
Now that we have 6 slides and our awning and an overall length of about 65 feet, for us premium is the way to go. Even with our smaller trailer, the premium was nice as we had plenty of space and the concrete limited tracking stuff inside.

Subscribing as we have an October trip. This will be our first time at the Fort. We have a premium site booked.

The premiums are all concrete and are about 18 feet wide. The preferred seemed to be about 14 feet wide, but have sand pads located at the rear. With our last trailer if I backed up where I wanted to be, the rear entrance door would have come in thru the sand. Did not want to be tracking that inside.
Now that we have 6 slides and our awning and an overall length of about 65 feet, for us premium is the way to go. Even with our smaller trailer, the premium was nice as we had plenty of space and the concrete limited tracking stuff inside.

Thanks.

Premiums are 18 ft wide and 55-60 ft long all concrete with no tent pad.

Preferreds are 12 ft wide paved with varying length and tent sites that vary. A 32 ft rig with a small car will fit here just fine. Just put those rear wheels as far back on the pavement as you can.

Bama Ed

2 Lil'Tinks,

Sometimes a picture is worth... you know. Here is a pic of our site in the 100 Loop a few years ago. 100, 200 and 300 are the Preferred loops. This site is pretty typical. My old 5er was 31 ft long. I have the street side at the edge and the rear wheels are at the edge of the pavement. Like Ed said, you should fit fine.

IMG_20110528_151352.jpg
IMG_20110528_151432.jpg

j

Taking a trip next Christmas for 21 nights or so. Like the Preferred location, But how much bigger are the Premiums? I may have a cart now, so further away may be ok. 32 ft motor home with super slide and awning. Small car and golf cart. Thanks

As others have said, there will be plenty room for you in a preferred. We have a 34' mh with a full length slide and two slides on opposite side, and there's plenty room for a tow vehicle and cart. We never use a tow, or cart, for our Disney trips, but we have lots of extra room. We love the 100 Preferred loop.

It's true about the extra large cement paving, and lack of sand being tracked in with a Premium site, but without children or pets we definitely don't have those issues with the smaller pad.

We have a 35 footer with three slides, and we tow a golf cart on a trailer - which we like to store on the site. You will certainly be able to fit in a Preferred. It's all about personal preference. Preferred are not our 1st choice for a number of reasons: it is not important to us to be close to the the Settlement, some of the sites are quite challenging to back into, the noise level can a bit higher than other locations (but the bus and boat noises are charming to some, ask of something away from the basketball hoop), some of the sites feel very "closed in" by brush and vines (and others love it for the privacy that affords). We go back and forth between Premium and Full-hookup, preferring the 1700 and 800 loops (believe it or not, some of the FH are the most spacious in the park). No matter where we have ended up, we've been happy and have only asked for a site assignment change once in all of our visits. I think we may be a little more choosy if we were doing a longer stay.
You may wish to do a search in the App store - plenty of FW site help there.

We have a 35 footer with three slides, and we tow a golf cart on a trailer - which we like to store on the site. You will certainly be able to fit in a Preferred. It's all about personal preference. Preferred are not our 1st choice for a number of reasons: it is not important to us to be close to the the Settlement, some of the sites are quite challenging to back into, the noise level can a bit higher than other locations (but the bus and boat noises are charming to some, ask of something away from the basketball hoop), some of the sites feel very "closed in" by brush and vines (and others love it for the privacy that affords). We go back and forth between Premium and Full-hookup, preferring the 1700 and 800 loops (believe it or not, some of the FH are the most spacious in the park). No matter where we have ended up, we've been happy and have only asked for a site assignment change once in all of our visits. I think we may be a little more choosy if we were doing a longer stay.
You may wish to do a search in the App store - plenty of FW site help there.

What are these apps you speak of?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter