Different User Year

AnnaS

DIS Veteran
When adding a small-add on contract to same resort, besides the hassle of having to remember when to bank and/or borrow, are there any other drawbacks/disadvantages? Thanks, please feel free to e-mail. igs23cb@aol.com

Disney usually will automatically assign the same use year as your original contract- unless they are sold out of that month. Unless you specifically request a different use year and have a good reason why you need a different use year, it's unlikely you would a new one anyway.

If you purchase a small add-on thru resale with a different use year, you will just have to make sure to keep track of the banking deadlines and rules.

Good luck!

Thanks Doc - question is based on resale - (okw). The 7 month and 11 month window does not apply to user year right? Only banking and borrowing? That is what I am thinking. I know I would still prefer same user year - make life a little easier. thanks

The 11/7 month priorities would apply the same as the original contract.

Typically, the small add-ons thru resale are more difficult to find and will still have closing costs. Make sure to figure in all costs for the purchase.

In the case of a resale, you will have another contract- and the banking deadlines will appy to each contract separately. This shouldn't be a big problem for you though.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter