Digital slide shows

Spinning

<font color=deeppink>Give me a chunk of something
I love to make these. Currently I have been using the one that comes with COmcast. I actually bought this program before it was free with comcast. I like it but it only burns CD's or VCD's. Which when you burn a VCD it looses all the swirls when played on a DVD player.
So I want to find a program to burn slide shows onto DVD's.
Can anyone recommend a good program?

I do think Adobe's Elements 4 is a good choice. I have not made any, but it is a feature of that package, and the package is a great one.

Dan I have elements 4 and it will only make VCD slide shows not DVD shows. I haven't tried it to see how it plays on the DVD player yet...guess maybe I should give that a try first! Thanks

Photostory 3 works well and it's free, What more could you want? :thumbsup2

Spinning said:
Dan I have elements 4 and it will only make VCD slide shows not DVD shows. I haven't tried it to see how it plays on the DVD player yet...guess maybe I should give that a try first! Thanks
I have not tried to do one, but I typed DVD in the Help menu and it tells how to do one.

Dan I will have to play with it more. You can burn your pictures to a DVD. But if you want them to be to music and swirl and add things it looks like only a VCD. Which does play in DVD players, if the player is rather new and accepts VCD.
Where do I find photo story? is that something I down load or would it be on the this PC?

My Panasonic DVD-A300 bought back in March 1997 can play VCD. So in terms of VCD playback, it won't be a problem.

my one DVD player will not play VCD. It says it can, but when I read the directions it won't support more than so many pictures and the CD under 50 minutes or something like that.
I have another DVD player that will play them with out a problem but they pictures just slide across the screen. You loose at least with this DVD player all the swirling in and out of the pictures.
I make slides shows for my kids class rooms at the end of the year. And DVD would be better for the families I think than a CD.

Nero Vision will do that. We've found dozens of things that we used to do with other software that we now do with Nero!

www.nero.com

I have Nero 7 that you linked me to. But that will burn DVD of my pictures but not the slide shows. It is a VCD format. That is the problem that I am running into. The DVD pictures can be shown on the TV but it isn't the same as a slide show. With the slide show you add music, clip art, sub titles, special effects etc....
Nero photo slide show is the same version as comcast. Unless I am missing something.

I burned slideshows of photos onto the DVDs I just made, using Nero.

Open NeroVision, and select Make Slide Show....

You can add captions (with lots of effects), sound, transitions, etc.

oh my gosh! I never saw that feature on there! I am like the simple minded computer person. I learned how to do one thing with that program and that is the only place I looked! Then when DH upgrade he told me it had all kinds of neat things I still just went to the one area I knew! Oh Hope I can figure it out! I hate to sound stupid but I just don't get the computer...I have photo shop elements and can't do a thing with it...i look at the tutorials and veg out....I need it on audio I think...Thanks again!
I am going to play with nero and see what I can do!
Gotta love the DIS!

Don't feel too bad. I've had Nero for over a year, and didn't realize that it was the best photo retouching program I had. (I've been using a half-dozen others, in the mean-time.) Nero is a very big package of applications. It's easy to miss any number of its features. I use Nero StartSmart now pretty religiously whenever I want to do anything that has anything to do with CDs, DVDs, audio, music, photos, or videos. Nero even has software to back up your hard drive.

another question. I started to make a slide show. But wanted to add more than 100 pictures. what do you do? Make two shows and burn them onto one DVD? Or am I missing something? SO far I am understanding a lot of this...which is amazing....haven't tried the editing soft ware...

My computers isn't powerful enough to manage such a large slide show -- nor is my head! :) Yes, I'd break your slide shows up into manageable pieces -- not only for the software's benefit, but also for your viewers. If you have a series of slide shows, your viewers can choose to select the specific one they want, instead of having to fast-forward through lots of photos that they weren't looking for. You can have multiple slide shows on the same DVD. Each one is its own "title" so you can have a separate entry on the Menu for each. (What I've noticed is that while this allows viewers to start anywhere they wish, the DVD will continue from one Title to the next, until the end of the DVD.)

I mixed together slide shows and movies (since I took a lot of film with my camcorder).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter