Dining at Closing Time

mrsxsparrow

DIS Veteran
Hi all, a question for the experts! Has anyone tried to enter a restaurant in a theme park at closing time (either QS or a lounge)?

We'll be doing DAK at night on our upcoming trip. Park closes at 8:00pm, and Nomad Lounge and Satu'li Canteen have 8:00pm closes as well. I can see that Tiffins even has dining reservations up until 7:55pm. If we stop by either of these restaurants right before closing, will we still be able to be served?

Thanks!

Probably not for Satu'li Canteen, since it's a quick service. Tiffins will stop seating new guests after official park close, but will finish out all of the tables they have.

Hi all, a question for the experts! Has anyone tried to enter a restaurant in a theme park at closing time (either QS or a lounge)?

We'll be doing DAK at night on our upcoming trip. Park closes at 8:00pm, and Nomad Lounge and Satu'li Canteen have 8:00pm closes as well. I can see that Tiffins even has dining reservations up until 7:55pm. If we stop by either of these restaurants right before closing, will we still be able to be served?

Thanks!

In December, we went to satuuli about 10 minutes before closing and we’re served. We even got a couple free desserts lol.

I can't imagine you wouldn't be served, but as with any restaurant, the kitchen starts breaking down and cleaning in the last hour of operation. I think it's just uncourteous to show up to a restaurant minutes before closing (unless it's quick service with meals that are pre-made).

I can't imagine you wouldn't be served, but as with any restaurant, the kitchen starts breaking down and cleaning in the last hour of operation. I think it's just uncourteous to show up to a restaurant minutes before closing (unless it's quick service with meals that are pre-made).

I usually avoid any restaurant within an hour of closing. But I'm pretty sure Tiffins and Nomad Lounge share a kitchen, and Tiffins has reservations until 7:55pm. Which means there's no way they're shutting down the kitchen at 8:00pm, right? That's why I'm wondering if I should be good to go at Nomad Lounge as long as I arrive around 7:45pm or earlier.

I've started making a practice to avoid going to a restaurant within about an hour before it closes. I find that the staff is tiring and more inclined to want to see you leave sooner rather than later so I usually feel a bit rushed. If you do, definitely make sure you actually book an ADR as they might not seat walk-ups within a short period of time prior to closing.

They may not be shutting down the kitchen, but the Nomad Lounge has a far smaller menu than Tiffins so the kitchen might be slowing on service. If you go to Nomad close to closing, I'd definitely make sure you order all the drinks and everything else you want right away since you're less likely to get asked if you want another drink as it approaches closing time.

We did the DAK in Dec.Park closing at 8. I looked at Tiffins on our way to FOP and they were cleaning up that was about 830. Did not seem as though there were customers inside.When we got down to ride FOP our ds wanted Satu'li. Closed up tight. Settled for some free popcorn and ice cream bars.

If they are still open, you will get served. Closing time is usually the last time they serve, not when they close.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter