DINING CENTRAL-Join other DISers over a meal

If anyone would like to join me, I have the following reservations for September. I am somewhat flexible on times, depending on what is available. These are a work in progress as I finish firming up my plans. Will edit as things change.

9/23 - Be Our Guest (8:10AM); Jungle Skipper Canteen (11:30AM)
9/24 - Tusker House (8:00AM); Sanaa (2:30PM); Be Our Guest (Party, 7:25PM)
9/25 - Kona Cafe (7:30AM)

Last edited:
I'm planning to go to every major event WDW offers. Next up will be Disney’s Celebrate America! A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky at Magic Kingdom. I'm a solo adult (28 yrs) foodie. Im down to join anyone for a meal. I enjoy meeting new people always. =D

I'm planning to go to every major event WDW offers. Next up will be Disney’s Celebrate America! A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky at Magic Kingdom. I'm a solo adult (28 yrs) foodie. Im down to join anyone for a meal. I enjoy meeting new people always. =D

If you are around the week of 9/23-9/29, my lord, I can adjust most of my reservations. I am doing a non-Disney event on 9/23 though.

I'm looking at Behind the Scenes at Trader Sam's and the Hibachi Experience. I have an ADR for Teppan Edo, but I'll probably cancel and get my Teppanyaki fix there instead.

You could consider the Eat to the Beat Package as well, which starts booking July 20.

Ok, so for my December trip I have two reservations, Skipper Canteen for dinner on Dec 9th & San Angel Inn for lunch on Dec 10th (candlelight processional package). I haven't tried Skipper Canteen yet, so excited! I also booked The Wave for dinner on Monday Oct 9th since my friends are heading home the 8th & I've been wanting to try that one. Can you see the fireworks from there, or is only California Grill?

Ok, so for my December trip I have two reservations, Skipper Canteen for dinner on Dec 9th & San Angel Inn for lunch on Dec 10th (candlelight processional package). I haven't tried Skipper Canteen yet, so excited! I also booked The Wave for dinner on Monday Oct 9th since my friends are heading home the 8th & I've been wanting to try that one. Can you see the fireworks from there, or is only California Grill?

You cannot see the fireworks from The Wave.

I love going to Biergarten. My first time I got seated with 2 couples who didn't know each other. We all chatted, talked about the food and the entertainment and even why I was alone. My second time I got seated with a family. They were unhappy, the kids were bored, no one talked. It was horrible.

I'll be in the World Sept 19, 20, 21. I'm thinking it would be fun to meet with other DISers for a meal there. Any takers?

This is my first post here. After solo jaunts to California, Paris, and Tokyo that were part of larger vacations, I've decided to do a full Disney World only trip in early October. I've been twice before with my family. This time I want to focus on the little things and the food. With that in mind, I've already made a bunch of reservations. (Got to use that pricey Deluxe Dining Plan. Heh.)

If anyone is interested I can see about switching the reservations to 2 people. I assume that's fairly easy because it's the same size table.

Friday, October 6th - Epcot
7:55 PM - Coral Reef

Saturday, October 7th - Epcot
11:50 AM - Le Cellier
8 PM - Chefs de France

Sunday, October 8th - Magic Kingdom
11:50 AM - Be Our Guest
8:50 PM - California Grill

Monday, October 9th - Hollywood Brown Derby
12:30 PM - Hollywood Brown Derby Fantasmic package
8:55 PM - Sci Fi Dine In

Tuesday, October 10th - Animal Kingdom
Noon - Tiffins Rivers of Light package
9:20 PM - Jiko

Wednesday, October 11th - Magic Kingdom
1:15 PM - Skipper Canteen

As you can see, I'm not really a character dining/buffet person. I want to try a wide variety of cuisines. I want to try something new. I even Googled how to eat a whole fish. :)

This is my first post here. After solo jaunts to California, Paris, and Tokyo that were part of larger vacations, I've decided to do a full Disney World only trip in early October. I've been twice before with my family. This time I want to focus on the little things and the food. With that in mind, I've already made a bunch of reservations. (Got to use that pricey Deluxe Dining Plan. Heh.)

If anyone is interested I can see about switching the reservations to 2 people. I assume that's fairly easy because it's the same size table.

Friday, October 6th - Epcot
7:55 PM - Coral Reef

Saturday, October 7th - Epcot
11:50 AM - Le Cellier
8 PM - Chefs de France

Sunday, October 8th - Magic Kingdom
11:50 AM - Be Our Guest
8:50 PM - California Grill

Monday, October 9th - Hollywood Brown Derby
12:30 PM - Hollywood Brown Derby Fantasmic package
8:55 PM - Sci Fi Dine In

Tuesday, October 10th - Animal Kingdom
Noon - Tiffins Rivers of Light package
9:20 PM - Jiko

Wednesday, October 11th - Magic Kingdom
1:15 PM - Skipper Canteen

As you can see, I'm not really a character dining/buffet person. I want to try a wide variety of cuisines. I want to try something new. I even Googled how to eat a whole fish. :)

A note, you may want to consider the Food & Wine kiosks instead of one of your table service meals at Epcot. Let me know how your ROL package goes. Planning to book one for December.

A note, you may want to consider the Food & Wine kiosks instead of one of your table service meals at Epcot. Let me know how your ROL package goes. Planning to book one for December.

Yeah I figured that. I just don't know anything about the Food and Wine Festival, so I need to do my research. But I made those dinner reservations at Coral Reef and Chefs de France with replacing one of them in mind.

Yeah I figured that. I just don't know anything about the Food and Wine Festival, so I need to do my research. But I made those dinner reservations at Coral Reef and Chefs de France with replacing one of them in mind.

Details are still coming out but the menus should be available soon. Disney Food Blog would be the go to for that info.

Hi everyone!

I am going to WDW from December 3 to December 10 and I would really love to have someone to go to a character meal with. So if anyone is there during that time and is interested let me know so I can add/edit my reservations.

-H

Anyone going to any of these? I've never done any of them but it seems like a great solo dining experience! The Mexican one looks fun and so does the Parisian afternoon one!

I have been attending the Mexico Tequila Lunch for several years. I am signed up for the event on Friday, 9/22. I've done it with friends, family, solo, and solo is fine. Everyone is seated at long communal tables. Fun conversation has always ensued!

I have never done the Parisian afternoon as I am more of a fan of savory over sweet. So to that end, I will be attending the Italian Food and Wine Pairing on 9/20, The Hibachi Experience on 9/18, the Tokyo Pairing on 9/21, and the Party for the Senses on 9/23. The only ones I am doing solo are the Mexico Tequila Lunch and Party For the Senses. Looking forward to everything!

I love going solo! When my husband comes along, I find myself fretting about making sure he is having fun. For this 8 day trip, he can only be there for three days. Yay, that means for 5 days I can do whatever I want! On my own, I can really relax, de-stress, and just just enjoy the fact that I am at my favorite place on Earth.

If you do decide you want to experience one of the special events, don't wait, they frequently sell out fast.

Coming from California to WDW for vacation 8/17/17-8/25/17. Under doctor's order to drink around the World!

Anyone interested in doing a character meal? I'm a local, so dates are open. Kind of want to the Bon Voyage Breakfast ❤️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!