Dining Changes in 2018 - Alcohol Questions

MotherofMice

Earning My Ears
Drinks with Breakfast/Brunch? I have Ohana res at 11:15 and would love to put that drink credit to use. I know I have gotten a drink at the bar before being seated but I don't recall if they serve drinks at the table. Anyone know how this will work?

Also if I break up my Quick Service I assume I lose the drink option?

Currently I don't think anyone knows exactly how the alcoholic drink entitlement will work next year, but you can follow the Dining Plan forum where information will be posted as it is released.

All the entitlements of a dining credit have to be used at the same time. You cannot order an entree at one place and save the drink entitlement for later.

I was going to say we won't know the details until DISers start reporting back from their 2018 trips... We fans love to micro-manage every single detail before our trips but rarely do we actually get these detail from Disney officials. Here is how I understand it... With every 'meal' you get a beverage and this beverage can be regular, specialty, or alcoholic. This INCLUDES quick-service meals (where you only get 1 entree and a beverage) and of course, table-service, etc. Of course, with your snack credits, you aren't entitled to any beverage (unless that beverage just happens to be counted as a snack). So if you have an Ohana lunch table-service res, you can get 1 entree, 1 dessert, and 1 beverage (regular, specialty, or alcoholic). Your beverage/alcohol credit is tied to the meal, so you must use it during that meal. I don't see why they would offer these inclusive (everyone with a dining plan) alcohol entitlements and then not offer them at tables.

So if you have an Ohana lunch table-service res, you can get 1 entree, 1 dessert, and 1 beverage (regular, specialty, or alcoholic). Your beverage/alcohol credit is tied to the meal, so you must use it during that meal. I don't see why they would offer these inclusive (everyone with a dining plan) alcohol entitlements and then not offer them at tables.
The language on the brochure and website leaves a lot to be desired. It doesn’t specifically list the beverage with buffet or family style meals. There’s speculation that alcohol won’t be included at buffets, but I have a feeling the beverage entitlement will be consistent.

We had alcohol with our buffet at Crystal Palace included in the dining package.

It should be the same here but have not confirmed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter