Dining for our Unexpected Trip...July 27, 2019 through August 4, 2019

I found our free give from House of Blues...

80650EF7-BE21-46B1-81CD-2277D82DF50B.jpeg

044F8745-C551-4E14-B48F-893EB87FE2CF.jpeg

It is glass and basically a mason jar glass...hey, free is always cool!

Starbucks

Skye then filled her cup (which you get a $.10 discount for doing) with Venti Iced White Tea Lemonade with no sugar, plus raspberry syrup, and peach juice.

IMG_9277.jpg

There is no Annual Pass savings here. her total was $6.02. It was 3:43pm.

OOP TOTAL $604.47
Mugs total = $80.90
DDDP TOTAL $2922.48
OVERALL TOTAL $3526.15
DDDP Credits used = 48
Snack Credits used =32
Mugs = 4

Last edited:
YeSake

We were getting a bit hungry again so we stopped at YeSake for a Grilled Chicken - Choose between Jasmine Rice Bowl or Seasonal Greens as a base, then add your choice of Toppings and Sauces...we got chicken rice bowl with leaf lettuce, tempura crunch and teriyaki.

IMG_9280.jpg

This was not our stop for eating though so we took it to go. The service was fast and efficient. Out total was $8.62 with a $.90 AP discount.

OOP TOTAL $613.09
Mugs total = $80.90
DDDP TOTAL $2922.48
OVERALL TOTAL $3534.77
DDDP Credits used =48
Snack Credits used =32
Mugs = 4

Last edited:

Food Truck

Skyler opted to go to the Mac & Cheese Food Truck...big surprise right? She got the Six-Cheese Crunchy Macaroni & Cheese - topped with crunchy Cheese Puffs.

IMG_9282.jpg

She took that to go also. There was no Annual Pass discount here...total was $8.00 it was 4:14pm.

OOP TOTAL $621.09
Mugs total = $80.90
DDDP TOTAL $2922.48
OVERALL TOTAL $3542.77
DDDP Credits used =48
Snack Credits used =32
Mugs = 4

Bongos Cuban Cafe Express

I wanted to go to Bongos so we headed over there to eat. We ordered and them the guys went to run back to a couple of shops they wanted to go to while we waited. Skye and I found a seat and we have a show to watch.

IMG_9278.jpg

IMG_9279.jpg

Since Bongos Cuban Cafe is actually closed now, I cannot access the menu but I ordered the Cuban Sandwich with french fries.

IMG_9283.jpg

Tyler ordered the Cheese Flatbread...

IMG_9284.jpg

Cary ordered the Cappuccino...

IMG_9281.jpg

We all enjoyed our food. It was a nice day out so sitting outside at Disney Springs was a nice goodbye to our favorite place. I was only able to finish about half of my sandwich but everyone else ate all of theirs. Our little friend had some friends and we got to watch some pretty aggressive squirrels jump on tables and steal people's food.

IMG_9285.jpg

IMG_9286.jpg

IMG_9289.jpg

IMG_9290.jpg

IMG_9291.jpg

IMG_9292.jpg

We all enjoyed our food and everyone finished theirs except me, my sandwich was huge! I ate about half. Our total was $28.76 and there was no annual pass discount.

OOP TOTAL $649.85
Mugs total = $80.90
DDDP TOTAL $2922.48
OVERALL TOTAL $3571.53
DDDP Credits used =48
Snack Credits used =32
Mugs = 4

SO...our final numbers are...

OOP TOTAL $649.85
Mugs total = $80.90
DDDP TOTAL $2922.48
OVERALL TOTAL $3571.53
DDDP Credits used =48
Snack Credits used =32
Mugs = 4

We would have paid $2324.80 for the dining plan for this trip but we got the quick service free so we only paid the upgrade...which I am surprised i don't have the numbers for...I'm slacking! But that total number is still $597.68 left than what our DDDP total is. SO we saved a considerable amount of money by doing the dining plan this time around.

We ate at a lot of great places and had a lot of great food. I live not having to worry about what people are ordering.

This time around, we did feel a bit rushed with all the scheduling. Between ADRs, fast passes, the heat, the rain, and all else involved...it just seemed (for the first time) that we were always needing to be somewhere. So we decided that right now, maybe the dining plan is not in our best interest....not monetarily but activity-wise. We decided we would be cancelling some of the ADRs we had set for our Christmas trip and in fact, on the way home Skye went through the Christmas ADR list and we decided what we would let go.

We still LOVE the dining plan and still say that if you want to eat that way, you certainly can save money...but you have to be out for the most expensive item on the menu.

We did love a lot of the counter service venues and find that while a lot of the table service venues are getting standardized more and more every day that the counter service places seem to be getting better at variety offered...and some of them are really good!

So, if there are any questions or suggestions for future use, let me know...otherwise I will be starting on Christmas 2019 soon.

Thanks for reading!

Thank you so much for the wonderful dining report! It looks like you all had an amazing trip. We used the deluxe plan on our last trip too and it also saved us a lot of money.
we have a trip planned for this December so I'm excited to see your next report!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!