• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dining: New Year's Eve Week!!!

ReneeDisney

Off to Neverland.....
My family and I are going to WDW from 12/27 - 1/4 and looking forward to spending New Years Eve with the mouse. Will I have problems getting priority ressies for dining that week. Do I really need to be on the phone @ 7am exactly 90 days out? If anyone has any experience with making priority seating ressies for this time of the year, your thoughts and advice are much welcomed.

We were at WDW last year from 12/23-1/3. I would recommend making PSs at least for the early part of your trip. It seems to get less crowded fairly quickly after 1/1.

However other than if you want a park restaurant for New Year's Eve I wouldn't worry about calling at 7:00 each day. If it were me I'd call 90 days out from my last day and make them all at one fell swoop.

Hi ReneeDisney. We are planning to head for WDW on the 27th of December too (also left on the same day last year). I think if you have your heart set on something, especially for New Year's Eve dinner, you should probably book it at exactly 90 days. For the others, I agree with BCV23 that you should call ahead and make the PSes, but there is a little less urgency. If things are done the way they are last year, you'll be required to give a credit card number for any NYE or NY Day PSes. If you're a no-show, they'll deduct $10 per person, but you have up until 48 hours (24 hours??) before the PS to cancel without any penalty. Last year I still added a few restaurants around the 30 day mark without any trouble.

Let's hope the weather's warm!

Thanks CindyAnn. I am so excited about this trip that I am trying to get all the information on this time of the year that I can. Any other NY week info would be great.. :)
We are staying at the Beach Club- where are you? :)

Hi, We are also going to be in the parks for nye. Our first day is 12/30. This is the last day for the Candlelight Processional. If you are interested in this you can book a package now. We are having dinner at the San Angel on that night then heading over to the CP. Good luck and enjoy.

I thought you had to wait for 90 days out... :confused:
That would be next week for Dec 30.....

Can you book it now???

You've been able to book CP packages for several weeks now. Special events don't always follow the 90 day rules. I have a CP package booked for Christmas Eve.

WDW dining has been pretty busy lately. I'm going 12/18-1/4. I've called for PSs a couple of times now. Calling at 9:00 am EST I've been spending 10-15 mins. on hold.

Today is the 90 day date for Christmas Eve. WDW is requirring a credit card to book a PS. No shows a $10 charge per person, must canx at least 48 hrs. in advance.

Me and my family will also be there for the holidays. We will be there Dec 24 to Jan 1.

You're welcome ReneeDisney! We're going to be all over the place - 4 nights at Pop Century, 3 nights Wilderness Lodge, 4 nights Wonder Cruise, 3 nights Polynesian. We're very excited now that our 90 day mark is coming up. Except for NYE (when our kids have begged us to go to 'Ohana) I think I'll call later in the mornings for my PSes. There's too much CRT traffic on those WDW-DINE phone lines at 7:00 a.m.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter