Dining Plan and Dessert

CdnBuzzFan

DIS Veteran
This trip we noticed some inconsistencies with what was included on the QS meals on the dining plan. At our resort (All Star Sports), we could get either a dessert or a drink with our meal, in most restaurants in the parks dessert was not included but at Cosmic Rays one day dessert was included and the next time we were there, dessert was not included. Did anyone else have any experiences similar to this?

At a resort they'll usually let you substitute a dessert for the drink that comes with a QS credit, since you can use your refillable mugs at the resorts.

I think there are some combo meals at QS restaurants that come with a dessert. Other than that it would be pixie dust to get a dessert and a drink.

This trip we noticed some inconsistencies with what was included on the QS meals on the dining plan. At our resort (All Star Sports), we could get either a dessert or a drink with our meal, in most restaurants in the parks dessert was not included but at Cosmic Rays one day dessert was included and the next time we were there, dessert was not included. Did anyone else have any experiences similar to this?

Your QS credit includes only entree and drink. Dessert is no longer included at all.

As PP said, resorts will usually let you get a dessert INSTEAD of the drink because you have the mug.

At the parks, it is very inconsistent, up to each restaurant's discretion, and sometimes depends on the CM who takes your order.

Some quick services have dessert items listed as using a snack credit. You could purchase a dessert using the snack credit. A dessert in the parks would only be included if the meal was a combo and it was listed as included.

Resort quick service allows a snack for drink, because of the refillable mugs.

Thanks for sharing this valuable information. I am on the regular Dining Plan for my upcoming trip and wasn't aware that dessert is no longer included in the OS credit.

Thanks for sharing this valuable information. I am on the regular Dining Plan for my upcoming trip and wasn't aware that dessert is no longer included in the OS credit.

True. However, remember you now get 2 snack credits per day so you can certainly use one of them for a dessert. You really haven't lost anything under the plan revision.

Your QS credit includes only entree and drink. Dessert is no longer included at all.

As PP said, resorts will usually let you get a dessert INSTEAD of the drink because you have the mug.

At the parks, it is very inconsistent, up to each restaurant's discretion, and sometimes depends on the CM who takes your order.

The snack option was nice at resort QS breakfast because we had the mug.
At Flame Tree we were happy when the CM let us get a cupcake instead of a beverage. We had already bought a coffee because it was pouring out, so she said since we braved the rain she would make an exception. It truely seems to be CM discretion.

I’m glad the cm explicitly said it was an exception, that was very kind

Personally I’m glad desserts are not included. Most were :crazy2: and there are so so so many better options out there. Yeah I’m looking at you caramel in Germany

I’m glad the cm explicitly said it was an exception, that was very kind

Personally I’m glad desserts are not included. Most were :crazy2: and there are so so so many better options out there. Yeah I’m looking at you caramel in Germany

I was happy as well. I knew that the resort was a special exception because of the mug, however it was a nice treat in the park on that rainy day.

I also like the to snacks per day. I like dessert and get it at dinner but prefer to have my afternoon sweet a few hours after lunch, or for breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!