Dining Plan and Split Stays

lovethesun12

DIS Veteran
*Disclaimer* - I am sure the answer to this is here somewhere, and I truly did look but couldn't find it.

We have a split stay planned for our 2019 trip. We are planning on having a dining plan attached to each reservation.

On the day we swap resorts, we will have 2 TS credits left from the first reservation that we would like to use that evening. Will the TS credits disappear when we check into the new resort? Or will we be able to use them that evening for dinner?

TIA!

We had three separate reservations with dining plans attached to each on our last split stay. We were able to use the dining credits for the first two stays until midnight for each of our check out days.

*Disclaimer* - I am sure the answer to this is here somewhere, and I truly did look but couldn't find it.

We have a split stay planned for our 2019 trip. We are planning on having a dining plan attached to each reservation.

On the day we swap resorts, we will have 2 TS credits left from the first reservation that we would like to use that evening. Will the TS credits disappear when we check into the new resort? Or will we be able to use them that evening for dinner?

TIA!

You can use them until midnight of your check out day regardless of where you're staying that night or any other dining plan.

However, the credits on your second stay will NOT be available until ALL credits from the first stay are completely used or expired. This means if all you have left are TS credits and you're using them for dinner, you won't have any snacks or QS credits until AFTER dinner.

If you use the second stay credits before you use all the first stays credits, they will poof

Only one dining plan can be active at any one time

If you use the second stay credits before you use all the first stays credits, they will poof

Thanks! But how would I know I'm using credits for the first plan? Ask them to hold off on adding the second dining plan at check in?

Thanks! But how would I know I'm using credits for the first plan? Ask them to hold off on adding the second dining plan at check in?

Before you check out, get a paper print out of what credits you have left. The next morning get the same from the new stay. It should show all your new credits intact.

How would this happen? Like if we got a meal with the new DP credits, but hadn't used up all our snacks from the first, we would lose them?

We are doing a one night stay (deluxe) followed by another reservation. For our dinner on day 2 (Ohana) we will have two credits left over from the first stay and will be using the second stay for the rest of the people in our party. So are you saying we would need to pay for two people first (to use up the first dining plan) and then pay separately for the rest of the party even though it's one meal/table.

How would this happen? Like if we got a meal with the new DP credits, but hadn't used up all our snacks from the first, we would lose them?

We are doing a one night stay (deluxe) followed by another reservation. For our dinner on day 2 (Ohana) we will have two credits left over from the first stay and will be using the second stay for the rest of the people in our party. So are you saying we would need to pay for two people first (to use up the first dining plan) and then pay separately for the rest of the party even though it's one meal/table.

To make sure that all the credits are used correctly, yes that is what I would do. Explain to your server what you have, and they'll probably know how to do it to make it right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter