Dining Plan and the H&V Fantasmic Dinner Package

Debbie

DIScovering DIS magic-missing my colours
We are doing the Free Dining in August. I booked the Hollywood and Vine Fantasmic Dinner Package, and they required a credit card to secure the reservation. Is this normal procedure for the free dining? And if it is a massive thunderstorm, Fantasmic doesn't go (and we are elsewhere), do I get charged-even with the Free dining? I understand that I have to cancel 5 days before. Thanks for any insight!

Yes, it is normal procedure to ask for a CC # with the Fantasmic Dinner Package. They only ask for the CC to insure that you won't be a no-show. The dinner at H & V is the same price with or without the Fantasmic package. If Fantasmic is cancelled due to weather, you can still go and enjoy your dinner there. If you don't show up at all or cancel in time, I'm not sure if they would charge your card or just take a dining credit away per person. My guess would be that they would charge your card.

Joanne

Yes, as the previous poster stated, it is normal procedure for the Fantasmic package to ask for a CC to make the ADR. If you do not cancel before 48 hours before your ADR, you will be charged $10 per person charge for cancels within 48 hours and no-shows.

So either cancel before 48 hours or go and eat. Whether it rains or not doesn't really matter. You will still get charged if you don't cancel and don't show up. If it rains then at least you had a nice meal. If it doesn't rain then you'll be guaranteed seats. I guess its a risk you take with the Fantasmic Package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter