Dining Plan with 8 night stay

MEK

DIS Veteran
I am planning a trip 11/20 - 11/28 renting DVC points from a friend. We had the free dining plan last August and it was awesome. We plan to add it to our reservation, but our stay is 8 nights. We arrive in Orlando very late the first night. We will not eat anything at Disney our first night. We don't want 8 days of dining because of our late arrival.l We only want 7 days of dining. Being familiar with the plan, we know that is all we can possibly eat. Are there any exceptions to the rule that the dining plan days must equal the number of nights exactly? Our park ticket will only be 7 days.

Any thoughts?? Thanks.

Max is my favorite cat! :thumbsup2 pixiedust: :thumbsup2

You are still going to be there 8 days unless you are leaving really early on your last day. You could have a TS breakfast and TS dinner on one day or a TS the day you leave. You could also try a signature with your extra credits. The extra CS can go to breakfast and the snacks to extra water or :mickeybar .
I also do not know if it is different for DVC if the number of nights have to match.

the plan is based on how many nights you will be staying. And is good from the time you check in until midnight on the day you check out. The plan is the same for DVC as the nonDVC resorts.

PoohHappens said:
You are still going to be there 8 days unless you are leaving really early on your last day. You could have a TS breakfast and TS dinner on one day or a TS the day you leave. You could also try a signature with your extra credits. The extra CS can go to breakfast and the snacks to extra water or :mickeybar .
I also do not know if it is different for DVC if the number of nights have to match.

These are good suggestions, but my other issue is that we will be in Daytona Beach with friends for the entire day on Thanksgiving. We really only need 6 TS meals and we'll have 8. There are 4 of us and we will only use 3 CS credits for lunch each day. I know we can eat breakfast too, but 8 days of the dining plan over 6 days is a bit too much even for me (I love to eat). I really want the dining plan, so I might change my reservation so its only 7 nights.

Thanks for the info!

:scared: If I have too much food I might look like this :rotfl2:

Don't forget you can also use 2 credits for a Signature dining experience. That's what we'll be doing as we arrive at 9 pm on our first day.
You can also do HDD or The Lua with 2TS
We're doing a Character breakfast the day we leave...

You could book a room only stay that first night and then buy a package with meal plan for the other 6. You'll have to stop by the desk in the morning and check in for your package. They'lll give you new room keys with your meal plan and all the other stuff on em that morning.

i echo the suggestion of Hoop Dee Doo Revue or the Luau w/your extra dining plan credits... or you could just pixie dust another family and buy them dinner one night :)

I like gigi's suggestions (when will you be there again, as I'm willing to be pixie-dusted :))
But I also like the suggestion of split reservations. It's far enough away, the friend from whom you're renting points should be able to change your DVC reservation from one eight-night stay to a one-night stay and a seven-night stay.

kaytieeldr said:
I like gigi's suggestions (when will you be there again, as I'm willing to be pixie-dusted :))
But I also like the suggestion of split reservations. It's far enough away, the friend from whom you're renting points should be able to change your DVC reservation from one eight-night stay to a one-night stay and a seven-night stay.

You can't change your stay that easily with DVC, you can cancel one day of the DVC reservation, but then the member might not be able to get the other day, depends on availability. The cancelled room might go the Wait List for another guest.

Booking with points is very different from booking with CRO.

Also the guest might have to move rooms the next day.

Thanks for all the great suggestions. Eating at the Cali grill twice is a great idea. I guess if we take all 8 days of the dining plan we will be eating breakfast, lunch, and dinner almost everyday. We found that between the four of us, we only used 3 CS credits for lunch the last time we were there. My youngest son is 11, so he still doesn't have a huge appetite. When we tried 4 meals at lunch, it was way too much food. I like the idea of giving extra credits away, but I'm not sure how to operationalize something like that. I would think that what you don't use, you will lose. I'll talk to my DVC owner friend and see what she thinks. The main thing is I am so excited to go to Disney again in November and to get to stay on a DVC property for a very reasonable price. pixiedust: :woohoo: pixiedust:

Max is my favorite cat! :wave: :wave: :love: :wave: :wave:

We are staying at a Disney resort 7 nights . . . so do we get 7 TS per person or 8? I was assuming we got 7 but that means no meals either the day we arrive or the day we leave.

We want to eat at the parks we will be visiting for the most part so there isn't a lot of traveling between locations. So far, we have booked TS meals for our family of four including twin 6 year old daughters.

How does this sound:

day 1 - Cinderella's Royal Table (2 TS) - dinner no or minimal characters
day 2 - Liberty Tree Tavern dinner (Mickey characters)
day 3 - Norway Princess lunch (princess characters)
day 3 - Alfredo's dinner (will pay cash for kids)
day 4 -O'Hana brunch (Lilo & Stitch characters) then off to MGM
day 5 - Boma dinner (adults only), kids go to Simba's Clubhouse
day 6 - Crystal Palace lunch (Pooh characters)

We will be charactered out???

Karen

karigraphy said:
We are staying at a Disney resort 7 nights . . . so do we get 7 TS per person or 8? I was assuming we got 7 but that means no meals either the day we arrive or the day we leave.

actually, you get one meal on your arrival day and one meal on your departure day, just not a TS meal on each day... count it like this:

sunday: arrive, one TS meal
monday: one TS, one CS meal
tuesday: one TS, one CS meal
wednesday: one TS, one CS meal
thursday: one TS, one CS meal
friday: one TS, one CS meal
saturday: one TS, one CS meal
sunday: depart, one CS meal

and wow, looks like you have a great line-up of meals... not too many characters for my taste! :) and lots of variety and a good mix of table, buffet and all-you-care-to-eat! nicely done :)

gigi1313 said:
actually, you get one meal on your arrival day and one meal on your departure day, just not a TS meal on each day... count it like this:

sunday: arrive, one TS meal
monday: one TS, one CS meal
tuesday: one TS, one CS meal
wednesday: one TS, one CS meal
thursday: one TS, one CS meal
friday: one TS, one CS meal
saturday: one TS, one CS meal
sunday: depart, one CS meal

and wow, looks like you have a great line-up of meals... not too many characters for my taste! :) and lots of variety and a good mix of table, buffet and all-you-care-to-eat! nicely done :)

Certainly that is what one way to use the plan but there are many other combinations.

I think when your are staying on DVC points and the DVC owner books the dining plan, you can purchase it for as many nights as you want...Like I said, I might be wrong , but that was my understanding...I know that you don't need park tickets to purchase the plan a a DVC member or guest. Go to the DVC planning board and ak there, they are experts...

oh, absolutely there are plenty of other combinations, i was just replying to the OPs allegation that one does not get meals for the arrival and departure days, only the days in between, when in fact, one gets either all meals for both or one meal on each... seven nights equals seven days of meals, including either/and/or both the arrival/departure days... no?

I think when your are staying on DVC points and the DVC owner books the dining plan, you can purchase it for as many nights as you want...

That is not correct, the only difference in purchasing the Dining Plan for DVC is you do not have to purchase tickets. Your meal plan has to be the same number of nights as your DVC reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!