Dining Plan?

cmd0819

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

I hope I can get some ideas from people who have used the Disney dining before. I am going in July for 5 nights (!) and although we plan on doing a few dinners, and maybe hoopty doo review or really nice dinner, we were hoping not to spend a fortune on food.

That said, will the Disney dining plan benefit us? We'll probably do lite lunches and maybe even a few cs dinners as well as a few resturants. Is it worth it to buy a few nights and split dinners? Is that even possible?

Thanks!

There is a dining plan thread on the sticky at the top of the board here.

Basically, everyone on the reservation must buy the plan for every night of the stay. So if you have 4 people on your reservation all 4 people must buy the plan for the number of nights of your reservation.

definitely check out the upper thread. I decided it was for me because I knew which restaurants I wanted to visit this trip. I went to the menus and looked at the entrees, appetisers, drinks and deserts. Totaled them up and it would end up costing more than a day of the dining plan for me. and that was just for dinner.

So figure out where you'd like to eat and check out themenues is it worth it for you?? Remember Hoodeedoo is 2 dinners per person.

I love the DDP. Consider doing a light breakfast (no included in the plan) and an early "big" lunch (around 11 am or so, beat the crowds). Then we do an early dinner (5- 5:30 pm or so) in one of the great restaurants in the parks or in the hotels on the monorail where we want to be that evening. Then we would have an evening snack. I have little kids and the buffets were great for us. They got food right away. They could get fresh fruit AND french fries. The adults could nice meals! My favorites are Boma (AKL), O'hana (Polynesian), Sci-Fi (MGM), Chef Mickey (Contemporary)., and 50's cafe (MGM). We would never had tried these restaurants if we didn't have the dinning plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter