Dining Plan?

Markical

Magical Mark
Hi everyone,

A quick question, do Disney always offer the QS Dining Plan for Moderate resorts? Looking to book for 2019, ways off I know, but having this offered will play a big part in our plans and what we book and when.

Many thanks!

It's usually offered if you book far enough in advance. You can then upgrade to regular dining plan if you wish for a fee :)

They've offered it every year that we've looked - so since 2011. We weren't looking before that :)

It's a lot of food!

Thanks everyone! Just need them to release 2019 booking and I will be good to go it would seem. This is one of these trips everyone is celebrating something and some first time visitors, you just want everything to be right.

They release prices for 2019 earlier, however the free dining is usually released March/April the year before. For you this should be early next year.

Thanks everyone! Just need them to release 2019 booking and I will be good to go it would seem. This is one of these trips everyone is celebrating something and some first time visitors, you just want everything to be right.

This is us this year. We're going for 3 weeks over Xmas and new year and celebrating two 21st birthdays, a 50th birthday, an 80th birthday and me and my DH 22nd wedding anniversary with a vow renewal. There will be 18 of us altogether with 3 never having been before. TBH planning has been a nightmare as I'm a bit OCD about it as like you I want everything to be perfect but Disney seems to have other plans with events and show times not being announced and show dining packages not being released. However we will be in my happy place so it won't be that bad.

I guess it depends on the number in the party and how many sit down meals you intend to book over the duration of your stay. If it's only a couple then it might be cheaper taking the QS then just paying for individual meals on the day. If you plan to eat at a sit down every day though, probably best to upgrade (from my rough calculations anyway).

For 2 weeks we paid roughly £600 to upgrade for 2 adults and 2 children. It worked out cost effective for us to upgrade for our 2018 trip.

I think booking direct with Disney it was roughly £400 to upgrade.

OOPS....SORRY, DOUBLE POST!

For 2 weeks we paid roughly £600 to upgrade for 2 adults and 2 children. It worked out cost effective for us to upgrade for our 2018 trip.

I think booking direct with Disney it was roughly £400 to upgrade.

Anyone know roughly how much it is to upgrade from QS to the next level up?

Just checked my invoice from our July / Aug trip this year - £182 per person (adult) for 2 weeks.
I will say that as a historic convert to the TS DDP it was just too much food and we would definitely think twice before upgrading again. We had 6 x TS credits and 13 x QS credits left, even after we'd used all our remaining snack credits on packs of sweets etc which we brought home. That said, it's each to their own and everyone's view is valid :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter