Dining Recap- 12/26-1/1

csjordan

Yearning for the Ears
This is my first time posting a report on here, so bare with me!

Myself, DS21 and DD18 just returned from a week at the world! We stayed at Coronado Springs (a beautiful resort, loved every minute of our stay), with the QS dining plan (but we splurged for a few TS). Some reviews:

ABC Commissary: I got the burger, DS ordered the Land and Sea, and DD ordered the Chicken Tenders. I think this location has stepped up the game with quality. Everything was fresh and hot, and though it was super busy, crowd control and seating was handled well. 8/10

Wine Bar George: Excellent! Shared Mac n Cheese bites and the cheese board, and DS and I ordered Pinot Grigio. Food is to die for and wine was great! Service awesome as always. 9.5/10

La Cantina de San Angel: A go-to for us at Epcot. Nachos were delicious and filling as usual, and the taco platter (barbacoa in particular) was a big hit. The margaritas in Mexico are also always a favorite. 8/10

El Mercado: Hadn’t intended to eat here at the resort, but the situation at the time dictated we eat here. I ordered a burger here, DS ordered the Ranchero pizza, and DD ordered a turkey sandwich. Pretty good food, particularly for a resort counter service. Good option for resort guests. 7/10

Be our Guest Breakfast: To be completely honest, we didn’t have high expectations. We’re not huge BOG fans, but the reservation was there and it’s a solid value with the dining plan. We waited about 30 minutes past ADR time in line for ordering, but it turned out to be very well worth it. Food very well done, pastry dish nice and the breakfast sandwiches were delicious. Mimosas strong and solid. Will return for breakfast here! 8/10

Trails End: A hidden gem and a family favorite. FW is the coolest resort, friendly cast members, great service at dinner, and, as always, food was great quality. Some of the food was not as fresh as it seemed to be in previous visits, but overall still a great experience. 8.5/10

Docking Bay 7 Breakfast: Came here a bit after getting our boarding group assignment. We all got the Breakfast platter, the menu is a bit small. The food was pretty good, definitely a solid breakfast option at DHS. Seating area is also pretty limited. 7.5/10

Docking Bay 7 Lunch: We also ate lunch here LOL. Can’t remember what DD got, but I ordered the Pot Roast and enjoyed it, DS had the Shrimp and Noodle Salad, which he also liked pretty well. Portions seemed somewhat small. 7.5/10

Tangerine Cafe: First time eating here. Wow! We all had the Chicken platter, and the chicken was amazing! The hummus was also tasty with the great pita bread. Only complaint was the Sangria wasn’t great, and the drink menu was a bit limited. Overall excellent food and quick service! 8.5/10

Satul’i Canteen: Another go-to favorite. DD was visiting with a friend, so it was just DS and I. We had a chicken bowl and a shrimp bowl, and both were excellent. Sangria much better here than at Tangerine. DS did note his chicken was a bit drier than usual. 8.5/10

Via Napoli: Did NYE dinner here. Split a large Quattro Formaggi white pizza, which was delicious. I had white wine, and DS had two cocktails, which he said were extremely strong. Best service we’ve ever had at Via Napoli as well! 9/10

Columbia Harbor House: Ehh.. has been pretty good in the past, but was a bit disappointing. Shrimp and Fish were good, but food took forever to come (even though the restaurant wasn’t too busy), and the fries were bland and cold. MK counter service has become increasingly difficult. 6.5/10

In other random thoughts, we love lounge hopping, and some of our favorites were Outer Rim at Contemporary, Tambu at the Poly, Nomad, Baseline, Dahlia, and Tune-In Lounge (the BEST ever). On the other hand, drinks at Jock Lindsey’s were a bit disappointing this time, and our experience at Enchanted Rose was so bad we reached out to guest services (I won’t go into it here).

Whew. I think that about covers it! Happy New Year everyone!

Oh man! I think I HAVE to know what happened at Enchanted Rose. It's on my list for next week! EEK!

Oh man! I think I HAVE to know what happened at Enchanted Rose. It's on my list for next week! EEK!

and our experience at Enchanted Rose was so bad we reached out to guest services (I won’t go into it here)

If the waitstaff is the same as when it was Mizner's, I can almost imagine the issues. The few times we have ever ventured to that lounge, we practically had to beg for service and even then it was given begrudgingly. The bartender and staff were enjoying themselves with their "friends" and repeat resort guests far too much to be bothered with the four of us. :sad2: This was not a one time occurrence, we have been several times and received the same service.

Great report. Thank-you for sharing your insights. So glad to hear Wine Bar George was excellent. It’s a place I’m really looking forward to trying next time. Similarly Quattro Formaggi pizza at Via Napoli. Pizza and cheese, what’s not to love!

Thank you so much for your report! We also love lounge-hopping and plan on doing so soon! Hate to hear that about Enchanted Rose. Looks way too expensive to have service problems. Would also like to know what happened.

Hello! Happy Friday! Yes, it was service related. We sat at the bar and the bartender acted like he would rather pluck his eyes out than serve us. I am usually a fairly generous tipper, but he was so bad I left him $1. That is the second time we have had bad/terrible service there. We went in October, sat a table, and a server never came over to us, so we left. I am two and done with this one!

Oh no...sad to hear this about the Enchanted Rose! We wanted to try it on our upcoming trip...we usually do a monorail bar crawl and end up at the TOWL for fireworks and their yummy 7-layer chocolate cake!

Oh no...sad to hear this about the Enchanted Rose! We wanted to try it on our upcoming trip...we usually do a monorail bar crawl and end up at the TOWL for fireworks and their yummy 7-layer chocolate cake!
Sounds like a fun evening! I would give it a try! Maybe we just have bad luck, LOL!!

Great report. Thank-you for sharing your insights. So glad to hear Wine Bar George was excellent. It’s a place I’m really looking forward to trying next time. Similarly Quattro Formaggi pizza at Via Napoli. Pizza and cheese, what’s not to love!
LOVE LOVE LOVE Wine Bar George and the pizza at Via! We had the best service ever New Year's Eve at Via Napoli! It was awesome!

Thank you so much for your report! We also love lounge-hopping and plan on doing so soon! Hate to hear that about Enchanted Rose. Looks way too expensive to have service problems. Would also like to know what happened.
We lounge-hop every trip, LOL!! So fun! As I posted previously, maybe we have just had back luck at Enchanted Rose! If it interests you, give it a go. I will not return anytime soon!! Too many other lounges with great service!!

Hello! Happy Friday! Yes, it was service related. We sat at the bar and the bartender acted like he would rather pluck his eyes out than serve us. I am usually a fairly generous tipper, but he was so bad I left him $1. That is the second time we have had bad/terrible service there. We went in October, sat a table, and a server never came over to us, so we left. I am two and done with this one!

Sounds familiar!

If the waitstaff is the same as when it was Mizner's, I can almost imagine the issues. The few times we have ever ventured to that lounge, we practically had to beg for service and even then it was given begrudgingly. The bartender and staff were enjoying themselves with their "friends" and repeat resort guests far too much to be bothered with the four of us. :sad2: This was not a one time occurrence, we have been several times and received the same service.
Yes, there was a woman sitting a few chairs down from us at the bar, who, clearly knew the bartender. We was very attentive to her LOL!

Great report! Curious about Trails End and transportation. Easy to get to from the MK would you say, and (also staying at CSR) if attempting from the resort - Uber or Lyft?

Great review. Thanks for sharing! Where is the Tune-In Lounge? Curious since you said it was the BEST!

Wine Bar George might just be my favorite restaurant on property.

Re: Satuli bowls, I tend to get the combo bowl most times and while the beef is consistently great, I find that the chicken can sometimes be a bit on the dry side once in a while. It probably can’t be helped with the sheer quantities they’re making. The sauce usually makes up for it though.

Great report! Curious about Trails End and transportation. Easy to get to from the MK would you say, and (also staying at CSR) if attempting from the resort - Uber or Lyft?
Hi! There is a boat that goes from MK to Fort Wilderness. Very easy access. From Coronado to Fort Wilderness, you can take a rideshare, which will let you off at the internal bus stop. From there, you will have to take the internal bus, which makes many stops along the way to Trails End. Just allow plenty of time, if you take Uber or Lyft. If you take a Minnievan, they can take you all the way back to Trails End, and you can avoid the internal buses.

This is my first time posting a report on here, so bare with me!

Myself, DS21 and DD18 just returned from a week at the world! We stayed at Coronado Springs (a beautiful resort, loved every minute of our stay), with the QS dining plan (but we splurged for a few TS). Some reviews:

ABC Commissary: I got the burger, DS ordered the Land and Sea, and DD ordered the Chicken Tenders. I think this location has stepped up the game with quality. Everything was fresh and hot, and though it was super busy, crowd control and seating was handled well. 8/10

Wine Bar George: Excellent! Shared Mac n Cheese bites and the cheese board, and DS and I ordered Pinot Grigio. Food is to die for and wine was great! Service awesome as always. 9.5/10

La Cantina de San Angel: A go-to for us at Epcot. Nachos were delicious and filling as usual, and the taco platter (barbacoa in particular) was a big hit. The margaritas in Mexico are also always a favorite. 8/10

El Mercado: Hadn’t intended to eat here at the resort, but the situation at the time dictated we eat here. I ordered a burger here, DS ordered the Ranchero pizza, and DD ordered a turkey sandwich. Pretty good food, particularly for a resort counter service. Good option for resort guests. 7/10

Be our Guest Breakfast: To be completely honest, we didn’t have high expectations. We’re not huge BOG fans, but the reservation was there and it’s a solid value with the dining plan. We waited about 30 minutes past ADR time in line for ordering, but it turned out to be very well worth it. Food very well done, pastry dish nice and the breakfast sandwiches were delicious. Mimosas strong and solid. Will return for breakfast here! 8/10

Trails End: A hidden gem and a family favorite. FW is the coolest resort, friendly cast members, great service at dinner, and, as always, food was great quality. Some of the food was not as fresh as it seemed to be in previous visits, but overall still a great experience. 8.5/10

Docking Bay 7 Breakfast: Came here a bit after getting our boarding group assignment. We all got the Breakfast platter, the menu is a bit small. The food was pretty good, definitely a solid breakfast option at DHS. Seating area is also pretty limited. 7.5/10

Docking Bay 7 Lunch: We also ate lunch here LOL. Can’t remember what DD got, but I ordered the Pot Roast and enjoyed it, DS had the Shrimp and Noodle Salad, which he also liked pretty well. Portions seemed somewhat small. 7.5/10

Tangerine Cafe: First time eating here. Wow! We all had the Chicken platter, and the chicken was amazing! The hummus was also tasty with the great pita bread. Only complaint was the Sangria wasn’t great, and the drink menu was a bit limited. Overall excellent food and quick service! 8.5/10

Satul’i Canteen: Another go-to favorite. DD was visiting with a friend, so it was just DS and I. We had a chicken bowl and a shrimp bowl, and both were excellent. Sangria much better here than at Tangerine. DS did note his chicken was a bit drier than usual. 8.5/10

Via Napoli: Did NYE dinner here. Split a large Quattro Formaggi white pizza, which was delicious. I had white wine, and DS had two cocktails, which he said were extremely strong. Best service we’ve ever had at Via Napoli as well! 9/10

Columbia Harbor House: Ehh.. has been pretty good in the past, but was a bit disappointing. Shrimp and Fish were good, but food took forever to come (even though the restaurant wasn’t too busy), and the fries were bland and cold. MK counter service has become increasingly difficult. 6.5/10

In other random thoughts, we love lounge hopping, and some of our favorites were Outer Rim at Contemporary, Tambu at the Poly, Nomad, Baseline, Dahlia, and Tune-In Lounge (the BEST ever). On the other hand, drinks at Jock Lindsey’s were a bit disappointing this time, and our experience at Enchanted Rose was so bad we reached out to guest services (I won’t go into it here).

Whew. I think that about covers it! Happy New Year everyone!
Thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!