dining reservation before resort reservations?

williamson_ja

DIS Veteran
I am waiting to see if free dining comes out, but I don't want to wait to make all of my dining reservations until the beginning of April. So, can I make dining reservations at 180 days if I don't have my resort reservations yet? I can always cancel the dining reservations if they don't do free dining, but if I don't make the dining ones as soon as they are available, we'll miss out on everything we want to do.....:confused3
How do you deal with this situation?

You would have to make each ADR each day ( so it would be 180 days out for each ADR).. You would not be able to make them all in one day without a Disney resort ressie.

I was so glad to see this thread...as we are in the same boat!! Actually thinking of going ahead and making the resort ressie so we can book all the ADRs on one phone call. If we have to call later and cancle the ADRs its not that big a deal to cancel the resort too!! Then when the Free Dining promo comes out (IF it does) we can call right away and switch our package over to that deal!

maybe this is the way to go. Just get a reservation for the time I want to go anyway and do the dining reservations the easy way. I can switch it over to free dining when/if it comes out later...

I made ADRs online. Then I wanted to switch my dates for my room reservation, but wanted to make sure I could get the ADRs I wanted. I was able to make the ADRs and then change my room dates. :woohoo:

Although, tomorrow I'm calling to make sure everything is all set.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter