dining reservation fiasco!

Boopuff

DIS Veteran
It all started with the best plan ever! and that soon vanished... Tried to book all my dining online, but for some odd reason when we went to put in the credit card to hold we'd get and "oops" message. So we decided to call and got the "90 min":hourglass spiel. We waited, but while we were on eternal hold, we decided to try the app. Well low-and-behold! The app worked beautifully! We got 4 of our must have restaurants, two that couldn't accommodate a party of 8 (funny the message said to call...LOL:rolleyes1) We were able to get some second choices that we're happy with. Boy what a chore! (and people wonder why you have to plan!) Out of our musts we got Skipper Canteen, the new Topolio Terrace and Homecoming. We didn't get Edisons or Trattoria So overall...:flower1: it's all good.

Last edited:
Edison is huge - surprised you didn't get in there. I will say they're servings are huge too. Luckily their service is a bit slow so seeing all the dinners we order appetizers for dinner. :)

I know people have mixed feelings about making reservations through the app but I always use the app while laying in bed at 5am on my ADR days and have never had any problems getting what I want. I use the app for FP reservations too with no issues. I think its so much easier than using a PC.

Since we didn't get Edison, we decided to go with Enzo's Hideaway. We figured we stop in Edison for a drink. (btw, we never did get through on the phone...)

Use Opentable for almost all of the Disney Springs restaurants. There’s much more availability on Opentable - no reason to book on MDE.
Agreed use OpenTable . The other than Homecomin most Disney Springs TS restaurant are on OpenTable. I got day before at Wolfgang Puck Bar and Grille this last trip & the prior trip in 2017 got one at The Boathouse. I know I saw The Edison both times when I looked . DS restaurants don't operate their ADRs like those in a park or even the Disney Resort hotels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!