Dining Reservations/Luau-when do they open?

Anna Chassereau

DIS Veteran
Do dining reservations open 180 days before your check in for your entire stay like at WDW? What about the luau? It looks like booking is currently open through March. We go June 2020. When will I be able to book the luau for during our stay?

Last edited:
just WDW 180 days out. except the luau it is different. Im not sure how many days in advance that is

We booked it 60 days out and we booked on the very first day. Got front row seats it was perfect and an amazing experience.

I just booked the luau at Aulani today(10/16) for 4/21/20. If you calculate 180 days, I shouldn't have been able to book until 10/24. I asked and she told me that they open the whole month up on the first of the month.

Hope this helps.

I just booked the luau at Aulani today(10/16) for 4/21/20. If you calculate 180 days, I shouldn't have been able to book until 10/24. I asked and she told me that they open the whole month up on the first of the month.

Hope this helps.
That's my birthday. I originally was going that week but moved my trip up because of a conference

I booked luau and ADRs yesterday for our stay 2/3/20 - 2/10/20. The only thing I couldn't book was the Aunty's premium character experiences - which I was told are 90 days (CM said sometimes 80 days) out...

On a sort of related note - are reservations required for nearby dining? Say at monkeypod, etc? If so, how far in advance? Will be there in January.

I always book our first night’s meal - just so we know exactly what we are doing! Ko Olina it is always Roy’s at the golf course - we have normally been up for close to 24hrs by then so we do an early dinner then straight to bed (coming from Australia). If you are staying when there are any public holidays, I recommend booking those days (or if there is something like the Lotte Golf Tournament etc as they bring in lots of people).

Thanks for that. We are coming from Australia too (but spending about a week in Waikiki first).

We’ve been visiting Waikiki since 1992, Ko Olina since 2012 (at least once a year, most years twice) so we have our favourite places that we visit every trip. Roy’s at both Waikiki and Ko Olina are a must for us, MonkeyPod and Ama Ama as well for Ko Olina visits.

I booked my dinging reservations and Luau seats along with my excursions this morning. We will be at Aulani on Feb 10th-17th. apparently I was slow on the bookings, and I missed a dinner reservation I was hoping to get, but it's okay! I'll be in Hawaii! I thought it was 60 days out like DLR but I guess I was mistaken since I am at 86 days out.

Dining can be booked 180 days in advance (counting backwards from your arrival date) and as someone mentioned, the Ka Wa A Luau can be booked the month of when the 180 days would be.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND THE LUAU AT THE RESORT. Show is good Food not so much and we felt as though since we did not have the VIP tickets that Disney made us feel like second class citizens. Got to stand in line held out of the event while the VIP's got in an hour early soft drinks and alcohol included in their tickets. Only tea and water in ours. On our prior trip we did the Polynesian Cultural Center while the food was good there was just more things to do there to keep us entertained. PS they don't serve alcohol at this one for religious reasons.

Paradise Cove next door to resort- Have not done this one but I will tell you on our two trips to Aulani at 5 pm it looked like ants leaving the resort heading over there. Which is why Disney came out with there own but the Spirit of Aloha show at the Polynesian Resort at WDW is much better that this one.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND THE LUAU AT THE RESORT. Show is good Food not so much and we felt as though since we did not have the VIP tickets that Disney made us feel like second class citizens. Got to stand in line held out of the event while the VIP's got in an hour early soft drinks and alcohol included in their tickets. Only tea and water in ours.
When we did the luau in May we found the food (and the show) to be very good. We have friends that just did it last night and they enjoyed it too. I suppose its not to everybody's liking.

As far as the VIP tickets go, well yes, they to get preferred treatment. That's what they paid the extra $$$$ for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!