Dining reservations thoughts? Any changes recommended?

I am obviously in the minority, but we really enjoyed the character meals with our daughter. She was almost 3 when we went and recognized all of the princesses and of course Mickey/Minnie. We did majority character meals - and did do 2 sit down meals a day, most days. It worked for us.

I enjoyed Artist Point. I thought the experience was good and liked the food as well. I would do it again.

If your daughter loved Beauty and the beast, and the beast in particular, BOG is a must for dinner. We had dinner there and it was my daughter’s favorite. She just was in awe of being in the beasts castle and wanted to walk around. Seeing the Rose was exciting for her and she was in love with the beast. I would do it again for her. My husband and I both enjoyed our meals.

FWIW my daughter was 2 last year when we went and she LOVED the characters. Really, really loved them. My favourite part of the trip was definitely watching her meet Minnie, Mickey and the princesses. We did CRT and Chef Mickey's only and since we were on the DDP I did sort of wish I had done a few more.
Same! Glad I’m not the only one. We did CRT for breakfast and were in and out quick. We were one of the first people in the castle. None of the meals, except for ohana (which we had a dinner reservation) took longer than an hour

ETA: Artist Point took longer too but we stayed at the wilderness lodge and had 8 pm reservations so that wasn’t a big deal to us

This would be way too many character meals for us. Way too many breakfasts. By the time you get to Chef Mickey's it might seem like you have eaten the same meal 5 times. Going in August I would want a few lunches to get out of the heat. Have you looked at other restaurants outside character meals?

If it were me, I would keep Trattoria al Forno and one other breakfast and drop the rest.

I would definitely keep the Tiffins dinner, Tiffins is excellent.

Has the 3 year old been to Disney before? What type of rides have they been on in the past. I know you said they don't like rides but you will be spending a ton of time eating with this schedule. Are you relying on Disney transportation?

This would be way too many character meals for us. Way too many breakfasts. By the time you get to Chef Mickey's it might seem like you have eaten the same meal 5 times. Going in August I would want a few lunches to get out of the heat. Have you looked at other restaurants outside character meals?

If it were me, I would keep Trattoria al Forno and one other breakfast and drop the rest.

I would definitely keep the Tiffins dinner, Tiffins is excellent.

Has the 3 year old been to Disney before? What type of rides have they been on in the past. I know you said they don't like rides but you will be spending a ton of time eating with this schedule. Are you relying on Disney transportation?
Hey thanks for the above. This is her third time going to Disney. The first time she loved the little rides but last time she didn’t even like its a small world. I would rather do lunch and stay out of the heat but I am not a huge fan of many lunch places ( love the breakfast food) so I am torn. We plan on mostly seeing characters at the park and shows. The adults may do rides as long as we get a fast pass and do some rider swaps. We have a car for the week so will be driving when going to parks other than Epcot and Hollywood studios.

Hey thanks for the above. This is her third time going to Disney. The first time she loved the little rides but last time she didn’t even like its a small world. I would rather do lunch and stay out of the heat but I am not a huge fan of many lunch places ( love the breakfast food) so I am torn. We plan on mostly seeing characters at the park and shows. The adults may do rides as long as we get a fast pass and do some rider swaps. We have a car for the week so will be driving when going to parks other than Epcot and Hollywood studios.

THe first two times we took my DGD she wanted characters so we spent more time in character lines than most folks would find reasonable. Sometimes we all stayed and other times a few of us broke off to go on an attraction she woudnot be able to go on with us. We hit all the character meals.

I encourage you to enjoy this time with your little one just as you are planning. Character meals, lines, Meet and greets, pin trading all of it. Kady graduates in 2 weeks. She was a sprout just yesterday and in less than three months she is off to college. My DH and I are so glad that my DD and DSIL included us on their Disney trips, and that they were happy to just let the day go Kady's way. There was always time to "get it all in" somehow, although I think that our idea of doing it all was just whatever we got accomplished in the parks. FOr Christmas this year our precious Kady made a book for my husband entitled "Pa and Kady" and many of the photos included were pictures of the two of them through the years in Disney. Turns out it was not the attractions that made our memories. LOL!

THe first two times we took my DGD she wanted characters so we spent more time in character lines than most folks would find reasonable. Sometimes we all stayed and other times a few of us broke off to go on an attraction she woudnot be able to go on with us. We hit all the character meals.

I encourage you to enjoy this time with your little one just as you are planning. Character meals, lines, Meet and greets, pin trading all of it. Kady graduates in 2 weeks. She was a sprout just yesterday and in less than three months she is off to college. My DH and I are so glad that my DD and DSIL included us on their Disney trips, and that they were happy to just let the day go Kady's way. There was always time to "get it all in" somehow, although I think that our idea of doing it all was just whatever we got accomplished in the parks. FOr Christmas this year our precious Kady made a book for my husband entitled "Pa and Kady" and many of the photos included were pictures of the two of them through the years in Disney. Turns out it was not the attractions that made our memories. LOL!
Thank you. What a great story. I totally agree. What a great Christmas gift with all the memories. I think we are going to keep all the character meals because she really enjoys it. :)

Thank you. What a great story. I totally agree. What a great Christmas gift with all the memories. I think we are going to keep all the character meals because she really enjoys it. :)

We are "those" grandparents! LOL! The kids always tease who "wins" a celebration by the tears. They stopped me in the contest when I cried opening a Mary Poppins cup and turned their efforts to my DH. This Christmas Kady won with her book. My DH lost it. TO be fair, we had just returned from an extended family WDW vacation, he had opened several very personal Christmas gifts, and as part of our gift we were presented with college acceptance letters that Kady had recieved while we were away. The photo album just sent him over the edge! LOL!

A few years ago we took the two little girls on our street with us. They are like my DGD's and call me Nana. Anyway we were ther ein August and were treated to more torrential Rain and thunder storms than I though was possible. I had book a boatload of character meals, and boy was I glad! It was so hot, and one of the girls could not tolerate that heat and humidity too long, and none of use were troopers, hanging in downpours, so those meals were a godsend for the kids. I think I took them to just about every one, with the other adults splitting off a few times. The kids had a blast, made memories, and ate well, as did I. My DH was not with us on that trip but after seeing the pictures he told me it was worth every penny. Their Mom sent him a video of our Nola belting out songs at the Frozen sing along, and for him that sealed the deal, her scratchy little voice and all! Money well spent! LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!