Dining review May 24-28 2018- completed 6-19

After our lunch we returned to the BW to rest for awhile. The girls decided they did not want to join us for dinner so they ordered room service. DH and I headed over to Le Cellier for our first time. We had a tasting back in October at F&W and were very excited to try the restaurant. I have read so many reviews about how it's not the same since becoming a 2 credit restaurant on the dining plan but that didn't phase us because we never use the dining plan. I am so glad we gave it a try as this meal was fantastic! And I can't wait to go again in May.

We started with the bread service. The pretzel roll with the maple salted butter was amazing! I could have eaten so many of these but we only split the one so we didn't fill up.
IMG_4664.JPG
IMG_4665.JPG

We ordered a bottle of wine which was amazing. I'm pretty sure the waitress said it was their most popular wine.
IMG_4666.JPG

We decided to try the poutine. This was very good. As you got to the bottom of the dish there was so much more of everything that was on top. I would absolutely order this again. So good!
IMG_4668.JPG
Le Cellier Signature Poutine
Fresh-cut French Fries, Canadian Cheddar, Truffles, Red Wine Reduction

I loved their cheddar cheese soup at F&W but I knew I wouldn't have room for it so maybe next time. We went back and forth about both getting the filet or the porterhouse for two. The winner was....

IMG_4670.JPG
Porterhouse Steak for Two
Mushroom Risotto, crispy Onions, Lobster Macaroni and Cheese, Béarnaise Sauce, blue Cheese Fondue

IMG_4671.JPG

OMG! The steak was cooked perfectly and the sides are exactly what we would have ordered if we ordered separate sides. I even couldn't stop eating the crispy onion strings! We unfortunately could not finish the steak. I felt really bad about it. But we did leave a little room for dessert.

We decided to split the crème brulee which was very good also.
IMG_4672.JPG
Maple Crème Brûlée

This dinner was absolutely fantastic! Not one negative thing to say about Le Cellier. Our waitress was great, I did not feel cramped and all our food was amazing. I really can not wait to return. It will be on our list of must dos from now on.

Maple Creme Brûlée is to die for, and that's coming from the guy who requires chocolate after every meal!

Thank you for the review! I was hoping you could clarify the porterhouse for two. Is this something my DH and I could order on the DDP? I know we would need the credits for both of us, however it looked like something we both would enjoy.

Thank you for the review! I was hoping you could clarify the porterhouse for two. Is this something my DH and I could order on the DDP? I know we would need the credits for both of us, however it looked like something we both would enjoy.

Hi there! I don't have any experience with the DDP. Hopefully someone will be able to clarify. If I had to guess, I would say you both would use your 2 credits and still be able to get a dessert (if it's included in your dining plan)

The next day was Sunday and we had decided that we were going to skip MK and head to Disney Springs for lunch at House of Blues. It was nice to do something different since we rarely go to Disney Springs and we had a really great day. We got there around 10-10:30 and did a little shopping. I really wanted to try DLuxe Burger but I knew DH really wanted HOB. I mentioned I was going to get a burger at DLuxe and one DD said she'd do the same. He didn't mind and everyone ended up eating where they wanted. I had to try one of their milkshakes as well.

IMG_4675.JPG
Godiva Chocolate and Strawberry Malt Gelato Shake
Vanilla Gelato blended with Godiva Dark Chocolate Liqueur, Dark Chocolate Sauce, and Malt, topped with Whipped Cream and Strawberry Drizzle

Just look at it! It was very thick and absolutely delicious! For burgers my DD went with the bacon cheeseburger and I went with the Southern Burger. Mine is on the right. And we got a side of fries.

IMG_4676.JPG
Classic Cheeseburger with bacon
Signature Blend Beef Patty topped with Cheddar, Lettuce, Tomato, and Pickle

Southern Burger
Signature Blend Beef Patty topped with a Fried Green Tomato, Pimento, Lettuce, Grilled Onion and Bacon

These burgers were amazing! I believe I ate the whole thing! And I was the only one who had any fries. I got six of the dipping sauces to try. I don't recall which one was my favorite, but they were all good. The fries were awesome. Some of the best fries I've ever had. I was a little weary about how good DLuxe was going to be but this had proved everyone who said it was great was right. After we finished we checked in to HOB.

DH started with the cornbread appetizer and then he ordered the Juicy Lucy burger. Other DD ordered mac and cheese which is a side dish. DH loved the cornbread although he only had a slice because he didn't want to fill up. He also declared his burger was the best burger he's ever had. So it was a good burger day all around!

IMG_4677.JPG
Jalapeño-Cheese Cornbread
served in a skillet with honey butter

IMG_4678.JPG
Juicy Lucy
beef-and-bacon grind stuffed with provolone cheese and topped with crispy jalapeños, roasted tomatoes, and chipotle mayo served with French fries

IMG_4679.JPG
Mac & Cheese Skillet

We had one of our best meals at HOB. Had the burger too a spicy one from memory and DD had a steak which she declared to be better than LC or YS that trip.
Great reviews again thanks.

@goofy78 - thank you for the great reviews. Can you make reservations for breakfast at Trattoria al Forno without the characters? Or is it just a walk up? We really enjoyed the food there but don't always want to have a character breakfast.

We had one of our best meals at HOB. Had the burger too a spicy one from memory and DD had a steak which she declared to be better than LC or YS that trip.
Great reviews again thanks.

I would like to give HOB another try so we can actually all eat there. The menu looks awesome. It was just that there are so many options at DS and since we really never head over there I couldn't pass up trying DLuxe. I also need to try The Daily Poutine so that is going to have to fit in the next trip too.

@goofy78 - thank you for the great reviews. Can you make reservations for breakfast at Trattoria al Forno without the characters? Or is it just a walk up? We really enjoyed the food there but don't always want to have a character breakfast.

I don't see an option online to make the ADR. You could try calling. But I don't think it is even necessary. If you do call, keep me posted if you were able to make one over the phone.

I would like to give HOB another try so we can actually all eat there. The menu looks awesome. It was just that there are so many options at DS and since we really never head over there I couldn't pass up trying DLuxe. I also need to try The Daily Poutine so that is going to have to fit in the next trip too.

I agree. There are far too many new options that I want to try and never enough time! I haven't tried DLuxe Burger yet but the Daily Poutine was good.

Thank you for posting your reviews!
DD2 ordered the Buttermilk pancakes with chocolate chips and sausage
These look delicious (and adorable!).
I'm curious about the no-character meal at breakfast, do they happen on alternating days? The menu looks really unique for breakfast so I'd love to check it out, but again could do without the up charge.

I agree. There are far too many new options that I want to try and never enough time! I haven't tried DLuxe Burger yet but the Daily Poutine was good.

Hopefully we can go for a longer period of time soon. While I do enjoy our long weekend trips there is not enough time to eat everywhere I want to!

Thank you for posting your reviews!

These look delicious (and adorable!).
I'm curious about the no-character meal at breakfast, do they happen on alternating days? The menu looks really unique for breakfast so I'd love to check it out, but again could do without the up charge.

I’m pretty sure it’s available everyday. I hope you get a chance to try it.

For our last dinner of our trip, we headed over to Flying Fish. We had eaten here multiple times before. Most were before the renovation and menu change and once was after. Well let's just say the restaurant is beautiful but we really missed the old menu. I had thankfully read that they had brought back some of the old items in a different way and looking over the menu we decided to give it another shot. I really hope they keep the older items on the menu. We had such a fantastic meal! I repeatedly told the manager about how delicious it was and that we hoped the menu stayed the same. Crossing my fingers!

Here is the menu- I do wish the crudo was available but I didn't see it on the menu. I should have asked about it.

IMG_4714.JPG

We were served bread and an amuse bouche which were both delicious! The bread is their regular bread which has seaweed in it but you would never be able to tell. They served it with a ricotta cheese and basil pesto and it was absolutely amazing! I believe the amuse bouche was a mozzarella cheese topped with a peach and balsamic vinegar. Again this was delicious. Very good start to our meal.
IMG_4686.JPG

We decided to not order any appetizers which ended up being a good decision. I wish we would of had more room to try some but maybe next time. We had the pork belly on our trip in October and it was so good. For entrees, DH, DD and DD all ordered the filet with the risotto (except picky DD who got fries). I ordered the Chilean sea bass with leek fondue. DH and I split our meals. The filet and risotto was cooked perfectly! My fish was amazing as well. Splitting these two meals was the best dinner I had had in a long time. We literally cleaned our plates!

IMG_4693.JPG
Filet Mignon
Sea Salt-dusted served with your choice of Asparagus, Mushrooms, Celeriac Risotto, and Grand Mariner-Black Truffle Sauce or Roasted Fingerling Potatoes, Haricot Vert, and Sauce Foyot

IMG_4694.JPG
Chilean Sea Bass, Peru
served with your choice of Harvest Vegetable Mélange and Potato Beurre Blanc or Leek Fondue and Cassis-Red Wine Sauce

IMG_4695.JPG
DD filet with fries

We had room left for dessert since we didn't order any appetizers. DH and DD shared and me and DD shared. We ordered the under the sea and blueberries limes and seashells (these blueberries were delicious- not like HBD)

IMG_4701.JPG
Under the Sea
Valrhona Chocolate, Chocolate Coral Sponge, Pistachio Sand, Dehydrated Milk Foam, Tasting of Three Sea Salts

IMG_4702.JPG
Blueberries, Limes, and Sea Shells
Mascarpone Cream, Blueberry-Lime Compote, Hibiscus Meringue, Rye Bourbon Caramel

We completely finished these off. Both desserts were amazing! I really can't wait to return. Our plan for our next trip is to have our arrival dinner here and start the trip off right! Hopefully the menu cooperates!

Your meals at Le Cellier and Flying Fish just look incredible. We haven't been to Flying Fish for a few years but since we are staying on the Boardwalk on our trip we'll most definitely be back. Le Cellier looks like its right up there with Yachtsman by maybe even better because hello poutine! Glad to hear you enjoyed the wine. We went to Silverado winery on our honeymoon and loved it.

Great reviews! Thanks for sharing.

No problem! I love reading everyone else's reviews. They are so helpful!

Enjoyed your reviews, the last dinner at FF, wow looks so delicious!

FF was phenomenal this time! Thanks for following!

Great reviews! Looks like you had some wonderful meals :)

We really did have fantastic meals with only the one dinner being a let down. But no big deal- we were in Disney!

MMMmmmmm Flying Fish! So delicious!

We really hope they don't mess around with the menu for our next trip!

Your meals at Le Cellier and Flying Fish just look incredible. We haven't been to Flying Fish for a few years but since we are staying on the Boardwalk on our trip we'll most definitely be back. Le Cellier looks like its right up there with Yachtsman by maybe even better because hello poutine! Glad to hear you enjoyed the wine. We went to Silverado winery on our honeymoon and loved it.

Honestly, it's a tough choice between Jiko, Flying Fish and Le Cellier to say which was our favorite meal this trip. We have been to Yachtsman a few times and it was delicious too but I like the atmosphere better at these other restaurants. Both wines at Jiko and Le Cellier were delicious. DH doesn't drink white wine so my go to is a glass (or two) of Cakebread at Flying Fish. I'll be looking forward to your next trips reviews!

That spread at Le Cellier... wow, everything looked amazing! I wouldn't normally consider ordering something like the porterhouse steak for two but that and all of its sides/sauces looked awesome!

Also while looking at your meals, I realized I have previously eaten the same things as you have at a bunch of these places. You have excellent taste! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter