Dining reviews 1/10-1/13

2giddy4wdw

DIS Veteran
Ok, so we decided to take a quick trip to Disney for our college son who hadn't been in a few years!! Oh darn another trip to Disney...we were just there in Nov/Dec!!!!

The trip consisted of Me, DH, DD14, DS19, DSgirlfriend, my Dmom and Ddad. We had all been there before except for DS's girlfriend!! We were all on the dinning plan.

Ohana
We showed up early, and requested a table by the windows so that we could watch Wishes. Well an hour later we were seated. Now we have eated here before and love the place. The food was absolutely wonderful as it has been in the past. Everything was very tastey, the only thing is that the first serving of shrimp were over cooked, but nothing to really complain about. Like I said everything was great. Now on to the service. I couldn't believe how slow it was. We would ask for seconds on things, and have to ask again when they came back for something else a while later. We had to ask twice to get the skewers of meat over to us. I had to go get a manager and tell him how bad the service was. It was very hard for me to do this, since I'm really not the type to complain like that when I am in Disney. Even after we spoke to the manager, the service really didn't get much better. But in the end they gave us 2 of the meals for free. I have to say this again though...the food was great!!!

Coral Reef
This dinner was out standing. We hadn't eaten here in a few years, but this was DS's girlfriends choice. We checked in about 20 minutes early, and maybe waited 10 minutes before we were seated. It was DS's girlfriends birthday. They had a special menu for her that said "Happy 20th Birthday Lisa". We got the booths on the lowest level, 2 right next to each other.
Appetizers
Shrimp Cocktail-2
Seafood and Crab Souffle-2
Crab Claws-1
Creamy Lobster Soup-2

Entres
Grilled NY Strip Steak-3
Shrimp Pasta
Seared Sterling Salmon
Pan-seared Ahi Tuna
Grilled Mahi Mahi

Desserts
The Chocolate Wave-4
Butterscotch Brulee-3

Everything was delicous. We couldn't have asked for a better dinner. Service was great here too!!!! DS's girlfriend also recieved this chocolate wave creation that said Happy Birthday on it!!!

Artist Point
This has always been one of our favorite places to eat. Very nice place but not stuffy!! This was DS choice because he is hoping to do his externship from college here!
Appetizers
Duck Confit-1
Crispy Venison Spring Rolls-3
Smoky Portobello Soup-3

Entres
Pan-seared Scallops-1
Grilled Beef Tenderloin-2
Grilled Buffalo Sirloin Steak-3
Cedar Plank Roasted King Salmon-1

Desserts
Artist Point Cobbler-2
Coffee Two Ways-3
Heirloom Apple Tart-2

Everything he was fabulous!!! I love the Buffalo Steak here!! Service was a little on the slow side and we were a little nervous that we weren't going to make it back to MK to see Wishes from inside the park. But we didn't have a problem with that. I think that this place is worth 2 TS credits. We won't be eating here again soon, not because the food was good, but because there are so many other places to try. Oh yeah, we also got special menus that said "Happy 20th Birthday Lisa" even though her birthday was the night before. It must have been in the computer since I told them we were celebrating it at the Coral Reef.

Hope you enjoyed reading my reviews. It was a short trip...but had some great priceless moments!!!!

Thanks for your reviews! I enjoyed reading them. Sorry about the service at Ohana', at least they did something about it, even if it was for 2 meals. These days not many places really seem to care much.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter