Dining Reviews - 12/4 to 12/10

margiemc

Mouseketeer
Dining Reviews – 12/4 to 12/11

There were five in our party. My family (me, DH, and DD) and my best friend (BF) and her daughter (BFDD).

Pecos Bill – We ended up eating here two different days. We had cheeseburger platters and hot dog platters here. We always end up eating here and we like the fixin bar (especially the hot cheese)!

Chef Mickey’s – We usually eat here our first night. The food did not disappoint. Turkey, prime rib, roast chicken, those heavenly mashed potatoes, pork loin, etc. The key lime pie was very good. Kids had salad, potatoes, turkey, mac & cheese, pizza, etc. Most of the characters made 2 trips to our table. BF and BFDD had never been there for dinner. BF is now also addicted to the mashed potatoes. Always as must!

Pizzafari – DH, BF and I each had the Hot Italian Deli sandwich. We always get this and it did not disappoint. Girls each had a kids cheese pizza meal and apple juice and Sprite.

50’s PTC – This was our first time here. We had Mom Sue. She called my husband Skippy and me Pumpkindoodle. Kids thought this was hysterical. We had onion rings as an appetizer, which were delicious. There wasn’t a crumb to be found in the basket! I had the meatloaf, which was pretty good. DH had the fried chicken, which was absolutely huge and a vanilla milkshake. He said it was very good. BF had salmon, which she said was good. Both girls had chicken tenders and a soda drink with the light up cubes. Mom Sue recommended the fried chicken and said to get it now because they are going to be changing the recipe soon. Mom Sue was fun in the beginning, but as the meal went on, she was scarce. Things were moving slow in the kitchen, and the place was packed. We would definitely eat here again.

Princess Storybook breakfast in Norway. This was BF and BFDD first time there. Our princesses were Sleeping Beauty, Belle, Mulan, Snow White and Jasmine. Everyone was very nice. The girls didn’t eat too much, but the adults enjoyed everything. We ate all of the fruit and cinnamon buns that they put on the table and had extra eggs and sausage. Breakfast was good and we would go there again.

Touleca Legs Turkey Company - DH had a turkey leg and DD and I each had a foot long hot dog in MGM. The hot dogs were pretty good, but DH was disappointed in the turkey leg. He is not crazy about smoked flavor and said that he wasn’t sure if he was eating turkey or ham. He said he would not get one again. DD liked it. I didn’t try it.

POFQ food court – We ate here on two different occasions. We had chicken strips and pizzas. They were pretty good. We also had chocolate cake, carrot cake, and ice cream there.

Wolfgang Puck’s Express - I had a BBQ chicken sandwich, BF had a chicken pesto sandwich, DH had ½ rotisserie chicken with garlic mashed potatoes, DD had 4 cheese macaroni, and BFDD had pizza. Everyone seemed to like their lunches here. Everything I tried was very good. We would eat here again.

Alfredo’s in Italy - We haven’t been here in years. DH had the trio sampler (lasagna, gnocchi, and fettucini alfredo), I had the gnocchi in Bolognese sauce, BF had salmon, DD had kids’ spaghetti and meatballs and BFDD had kids’ chicken fingers. All the adults also had Caesar salads. Everything was very, very good and we had great service. It was a little expensive, but it was a nice change of pace.

We also spent a day at Universal. We ate at Mel’s Drive In. We got four cheeseburger platters, one chicken sandwich platter and five sodas. The fries were pretty good. They had the skin on them and a little seasoning. The burgers were OK, nothing to write home about. For dinner we went to Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville. It was very good and the atmosphere was relaxing and fun. BF and I each had a margarita (very, very good). We had an order of nachos as our appetizer. It was huge! We could not finish them. I had a Cheeseburger in Paradise, DH had chicken Caesar salad, BF had seafood salad, DD had a kids cheeseburger in paradise and BFDD had chicken fingers. Everything was delicious! They had a stiltwalker that was going around to all of the kids telling jokes and making balloon animals. He was a big hit. We would definitely come here again!

We didn’t find too much here that we didn’t like. We are not the most adventurous group of eaters, but we did OK. None of us were too keen on big breakfasts (hate to miss out on park time :earseek: ), so most days we just grabbed granola bars, pop tarts, or cereal in our rooms in the morning. It was a great trip!

I am glad to read a review of Mel's Dinner that wasn't BAD! I really want to try this because I remember the show. Was the burgers platters big enough to share? We also plan to go to Margaritaville on our 1st night in Orlando. Is it true that they have tons of flavors of margaritas ? I noticed you ate at Port Orleans food court. DId you stay there? Great reviews!

drumflower,

We stayed at POFQ and loved it! We would definitely stay there again.

I don't think the platters at Mel's would be big enough to share. The 6 and 7 year olds (average eaters, sometimes picky) ate most of thier lunches and the adults ate everything.

Margaritaville was alot of fun. I remember that they had at least 3 different kinds of margaritas on the menu (we were very thirsty, so I wasn't looking too hard :bitelip: )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter