Dining Reviews 9/15 - 9/26

hezzie

Mouseketeer
Here are some brief reviews of the restaurants. There were 2 adults and 2 kids ages 4 & 5, so we did a lot of splitting meals and sharing.

Chef Mickeys: A
We have made this our "traditional" first meal and always enjoy it. The food was good and the character interaction is great for a first meal! There was actually a bridal party in our room eating. The bride and groom had their picture taken just before us.

Columbia Harbor House: B
DH and I split a chicken finger and kids split a mac-n-cheese (very small for the price). OK for counter service.

Hoop Dee Doo Revue: A+
Food was good - Fried chicken, ribs, beans, corn and strawberry shortcake. This was the kids first time and they absolutely loved it. We had the table just behind the piano, so the seats were great!

Prime Time Cafe: B+
Cousin Brenda was our server and my DD was convinced "Mama" was in the back cooking all the meals. She was also convinced "Mama" was going to come out and catch us with our elbows on the table...it was cute! Anyway, we had Fried Chicken, Open Steak Sandwich and PB&J.

Liberty Inn (EPCOT): B
Burgers and Hot Dogs

ABC Commisary (MGM): B+
Lo Mein Noodles, mac-n-cheese, ckn fingers. We find this restaurant to be very clean and quiet and have enjoyed the meals there.

Breakfastsaurus Breakfast Buffet: A
The food was excellent. It has different items than the typical breakfast buffet, but not so different the kids do not want to eat it. I loved the pizza (yum!)
I personally did not care for the atmosphere of this restaurant. I felt as though they didn't have enough characters for all the people they get in the restaurant. We were the first table to see the characters on the one side and we were finished our meal before we ever saw Donald or Pluto.

China Counter Service (EPCOT): B
Lo mein noodles, orange chicken and kids beef and rice.

Norway Princess Breakfast: A
Excellent food and character interaction. We saw Mary Poppins, Mulan, Jasmine and Aurora. We were a little disappointed Belle was not there as my daughter was wearing her Belle costume, but getting to see Aurora and Mulan was a treat since we do not see them as frequently!

Beaches n Cream (take out): B
Turkey sandwich and hot dog - brought it back to our room before our nap!

Cosmic Rays: B
Rotisserie Chicken and Chicken Caesar Salad - both were good

Teppanyaki: A+
Chicken and NY Sirloin - excellent. We had Kenta as our chef and he was very entertaining. The kids loved this meal. We did split a kids meal between the two kids which was plenty.

Cape May Cafe (Clam bake): B-
I was a little disappointed in this meal. Being from New England, I should have known better, but wanted to give it a try. The clams were very small and sandy. For the price, I could have had a much better meal elsewhere.

Cape May Cafe (Breakfast): A-
Good food and character interaction. The food is standard breakfast buffet food, but it is always warm and yummy!

Pizzafari (AK): B
Kids pizza and bread sticks - we were not very hungry after our breakfast buffet, but wanted a littel something.

Beaches n Cream: A+
Hamburger, Prime Rib Sandwich, hot dogs. We all split the fudge mud slide sundae which was delicious!!

Plaza Restaurant: A
Cheese steak sandwich, Hamburger, hot dog and PB&J. We like this place because it is quiet and cool and quick.

ESPN: B-
We just wanted some appetizers b/c we were not that hungry, but the appetizer selection was small and not very good. We ended up with Chicken dingers and overtime fries, which were smothered in beef, peppers and sauce. Rather disappointed.

Beaches n Cream: A+
Last meal before we went home - Prime Rib Sand and hot dog and the real reason we went back....the fudge mud slide sundae!!

For your reviews you did some of my favorites HDDR,Teppanyaki and PTC.Thanks again for sharing:earsboy: :wave: :earsgirl: :sunny:

Great reviews!! Sixty-nine more days and I'll be at Beaches and Cream, too. Can't wait! We'll have to save room for a fudge mudslide. Sounds yummy!

Pat

69 days and counting . . . again!

Thanks for the reviews! I'm glad to see an A+ at Teppanyaki. We've never eaten there, but have a PS for my son's 14th birhtday during our Christmas trip. Sounds great!

Thanks for the reviews. It sounds like you had some really enjoyable meals! :)

Thanks for the reviews! My mouth is watering as I remember how yummy the fucge mud slide is. Just one question-how far from Beaches and Cream was your room? Were you at YC, BC, BCV? The reason I ask is that I was wondering if it was too far to carry my take-out food from B & C to BCV.

I have come to the conclusion that Beaches & cream makes the absolute BEST burgers in the entire WDW resort!! Finished off with a no way jose, and I'm a happy gal!!

Simba's Mom - We were staying at the BCV so it was a little bit of a walk, but they give you styrofoam containers.

We stopped on our way back from swimming at SAB. Since it was going to take a little bit, I decided to head up to the room with DS and start getting changed and my DH and DD waited for the food and brought it up to the room. Somehow the chocolate milk shake I heard him order never made it to the room ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter