Dining reviews Day 3

Pryncess'mom

DIS Veteran
We started our day with the Princess Storybook Breakfast. I won't go into a lot of detail. This has been reviewed alot. But, we did enjoy it. The amount in our skillet was plentiful (for myself, DH and DD (4 yo)) DH ate all the eggs, as I don't eat them, and I got all the potato casserole, as he doesn't eat onions!! Equal trade off!!! The bacon and sausage were... bacon and sausage!! The pastries were fantastic. We had nothing left on that plate!! For lunch we decided just to snack our way around the WS. We had chocolate covered pretzels from Germany, one with M&Ms, one with chocolate & peanut better chips and one with chocolate & white choc. chips. (About $2 a piece) Very good!! In Japan, we had Kaka gori (shaved ice) tangerine flavor, not really sweet, but refreshing ($2.50), In France we shared chocolate mousse, and a chocolate croissant (we really didn't "share" that one!!!)With a bottled water about $9.00. I wanted to get a beaver tail from Canada after reading someones post, but by the time I got there I simply was too full!! Next time!!

For dinner, we went to the Garden Grill in The Land. We enjoy this and it has been about 8 yrs. since we were there. The salad was good, the homemade ranch dressing is yummy. The bread is different now (rolls last time). It was a wheat bread with sunflower seeds, still warm, with a honey maple butter (butter is GREAT!!) The skillet has marinated flank steak, roasted chicken, fried catfish, corn on the cob (small pieces) and vegetables. Also a bowl of mashed potatoes. DD had her own skillet with chicken fingers, french fries and macaroni and cheese (too much starch, but it IS vacation!!) WE ate just about everything. We had seconds on the meat. The steak was absolutely delicious. It was tender and tasty. (I'm making myself hungry!!) The potatoes were good , but really HOT. DH burned his mouth!! Dessert was a lemon tart with meringue on top and sliced strawberies on the side. Really good. DD had worms and dirt just for herself. The pace is slow, the server asked when we were ready for more instead of just bringing it. My only disappointment was our table was by the kitchen door. I really don't like to sit by doors, but as we had no PS and were starving, I didn't say anything. This is a character meal, with Farmer Mickey, Chip and Dale and Pluto making appearances. They spend plenty of time at each table, and Pluto came back a couple of times, sneaking up one time and knocking my glasses off with a head lock!! I would definately recommend this meal for anyone who enjoys good eating. Price for three was about $50.

Later that evening, we had snacks at the Riverside Mill food court at POR, and I recommend the Garlic knots!! Yeasty doughy knots with garlic and cheese and marinara dipping sauce!! About $2.50 for 4.

What a great review! I'm hungry just reading about your meals. Thanks for taking the time to do your review.

The pretzels sound great. I really don't like them, but DH and DD love pretzels (and they come in handy at the mall when you want to keep your kid busy in the stroller while you shop). I haven't spent much time in Germany, but this trip I think that we will stop there to try the pretzels. That will be a good snack after our Storybook Breakfast, since we probably won't be hungry for lunch.

Thanks for the info.

I loved your reviews. We have reservations at both the Princess Storybook Breakfast and Garden Grill in November. You made me look forward to those meals even more. Also, chocolate covered pretzels are one of my favorite things. I can't wait to try the ones in Germany.

Great reviews! I love Garden Grill - I must find the time to get back there again!

:earsgirl: Krissy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter