Dining reviews, the good and the bad

Tokay518

Earning My Ears
We just got back Sunday had some really good meals.
Ohana's- I loved the food, DH thought it was just okay our DD was just
interested in the activities.
Tony's- Terrible, Terrible, Terrible no one liked their order the waitress
awful, never again.
Earl of Sandwich- Great will return the bread was wonderful and DD even
even liked the PB&J.
Coral Reef- Wonderful, the steak could be cut with a butter knife. Attentive service and great surroundings. Long wait.
Askerhaus Breakfast (sp?) The cinnamon rolls are great Jasmine,
Mary Poppins, Mulan, Aurora and Belle were in attendance.
Chef Mickeys (breakfast) Good variety, DD loved the characters.
Whispering Canyon- Loved everything, the skillet was great, tender
ribs, great pulled pork and attentive service (Thanks Senor
Dusty Trails)
Wonderland Tea Party- DD LOVED THIS!!!!!!
Columbia Harbor House- Liked their sandwich, pretty good prepackaged
chocolate cake.

Did you eat dinner or breakfast at Ohanas? We're doing both NEXT WEEK :cool1: but just thought I'd ask. Any more details would be appreciated also. THANKS

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Thanks so much for your reviews! It's really sad, that Tony's is now this bad! :rolleyes: We keep hearing this over & over again. :sad2:

Thanks for sharing. May I ask what time you had your ADR for Coral Reef? We have one scheduled for 6pm on a Thursday in March and I'm debating whether or not to move it closer to 5(my DH is a early supper eater, I'm worried he might turn Grumpy if we have to wait too long!!)

Thanks much in advance! :thumbsup2

shovan said:
Thanks so much for your reviews! It's really sad, that Tony's is now this bad! :rolleyes: We keep hearing this over & over again. :sad2:

I ate at Tony's 2x during the first weekend of November, once for dinner, and once at lunch, and it was fine both times.

Sorry the OP had a bad experience, but I quite enjoyed it.

PKWallaby said:
Thanks for sharing. May I ask what time you had your ADR for Coral Reef? We have one scheduled for 6pm on a Thursday in March and I'm debating whether or not to move it closer to 5(my DH is a early supper eater, I'm worried he might turn Grumpy if we have to wait too long!!)

Thanks much in advance! :thumbsup2
Our ADR was for 6:00 on a Friday night. We arrived about fifteen minutes early and ended up waiting another half hour after our ADR time.

Thanks for the reviews. Glad to read another positive Coral Reef review! :woohoo:

If Ohana's is really busy, there's also a smaller cafe-type restaraunt right by it which also has great food. I believe it's called the Kona Cafe- it's on the second floor of the Polynesian right in that same area as Ohana's. My mom and I were at Disney in July. It was dinner time, and since it was summer, all of the major character-oriented restaraunts (like Ohana's & Chef Mickey's) were completely booked, so mom & I decided to try the Kona Cafe instead. Awesome, awesome food! I think we had Teriyaki beef with Yucon Gold potatoes- and it was absolutely wonderful. I had some kind of Creme Brulee dessert, too-which was to die for!

There wasn't any kind of character interaction, so it might not be the best choice if you have kids with you. I know a big piece of the magic is having those meals with all the characters! But, if the major restaraunts are completely packed, or you just want to have a quieter dining experience, sometimes the smaller hotel restaraunts are the way to go.

*By the way- I'm not dissing Ohana's or Chef Mickey's in any way! I've eaten at both places quite a few times and I love them, too. ;) Sometimes, it's nice to know that there are other good alternatives out there that one may have not considered :)

By the way, mom & I ate there twice that trip & the service was wonderful both times!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter