Dining Rotation Question

trampslady

<font color=green>I stop and watch the Norway vide
Okay, from what I can gather, if things go as they statistically have in the past, we (hubby and I) will be on the LAP rotation. I believe this means that we will have three nights of "jacket requested" dining. Right? Okay, with that said, what night would you suggest we try for Palo? Also, someone had mentioned they like to do the formal night at Lumiere's and tropical night at Parrot Cay. I kinda like that idea too. What rotation would I need to be on to make that happen?

Would it be okay to be in Palo on formal night...would we "miss" anything?

Assuming you are on the Eastern(?) cruise, I calculated that you will have 3 jacket requested nights. If I remember correctly, formal and semi formal nights were on Sunday and Thursday respectively. Thus, you will be in Lumieres on Saturday, AP on Sunday for formal night, Lumieres again on Tuesday, but i think that is tropical night, semi-formal night on Thursday at PC, and finally, Lumieres again on Friday, for a total of3 nights jacket requested. Assuming you have LAP rotation,and you dont want to miss tropical night, i would recommend Friday as your Palo night, as you have experienced each rotation restaurant twice...

If you get LAP, the first night is informal due to some people not having their bags yet. I'm not speaking from experience yet, just what I've gathered by reading these boards!

We are on the May 10 Western...sorry for not mentioning that in original message.

So-if we wanted to be in Lumiere's for formal night and Parrot Cay for tropical night, we would need to be on PLA rotation...is there one?

There is a really nice chart that shows all the rotations and dress codes but I can't find it. Maybe someone can help. I have one printed out and it shows that you would want to request the APLAPLA to get Lumiere's for formal and Parrot Cay for Tropical. That is the one that our group wants. From out I have read for some reason Disney puts people with littles one this rotation. With that rotation your are also at Lumiere's for the semi-formal night. Hope someone can find the chart for you. It is great. I just hope it is correct.

Hi there. Was on cruise in March 2001 and had PLAPLAP rotation. Worked very well, except that we went to Palos on the Sunday evening (formal night) as that was the only night we could get a reservation! Missed out on a great eve apparantly! What a pain! Oh well, back on ship soon: wont make same mistake again! We intend to have brunch in Palos so that we can see the view! It was too dark at dinner to get the benefit of being in Palos.

Hey...I put those charts together and here is the link.....glad you liked them!!!! We just sailed on 1/4 and the charts seem to still be accurate.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/52061656/52882589TwpLan

http://community.webshots.com/photo/52061656/52882617bsKkFP

As far as requesting a certain rotation....DCL will deny that you can....but, twice I was able to request and received the rotation I requested, but his last trip on 1/4 I requested APL and received PLA.....just luck of the draw. DCL will never confirm a certain dining rotation unless you are in one of the CAT 1,2,3 suites.

MJ

Thanks mmouse37. I have printed out a chart for my in laws. I can't tell you how nice it is to see ahead of time what clothing we might need.I just wish Disney would let you know on the documents what rotation you got so you could pack accordingly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter