Dining Rotation???

bigtime

Earning My Ears
Just looking for opinions re:dining rotation?

It seems logicial that the APL would be the best on the 7 day becaust that would put you in Luniers' on the formal nights and Parrots Cay on the tropical night.

What do you think The passporter states the mainly families w/small children get this rotation, mine are a little older.

Dee

I love the rotation you mentioned....but it is really hit or miss...even the Passporter recommendations are not always followed by DCL.

http://community.webshots.com/album/52061656POshCr

We always travel with a mixed group of people, so we never know what rotation we will get. On our 5/17 Magic trip coming up we are cruising with a 2 year old and a 8 month old plus an 18 and 19 year old.....who knows what rotation we will get!!!!

This time I am not so concerned with which rotation...I have been in Lumeire's for formal night and tropical night on different cruises and it really did not make a difference. I am more interested in seeing if my favorite Asst. server Beckie from Canada will still be on...if she is I will request to be seated at her station once I am onboard.

MJ

Mmouse 37
We have requested APL for our cruise on 11/8/03, for that reason of being at Lumeire's on formal night. We're dining late. I've seen in other posts that some people have requested a rotation and gotten what they requested and some have not. We have one DS who will be 11 at that time. My only hope is since there are just 3 of us we'll get what we requested. If not, we'll just go with the flow!
:smooth:

I just got back from a 7 day, and, for early seating, APL truly was the kiddie rotation. Nearly every table had at least one child under 10 yo. If you don't have really little ones (like we do) and get that rotation, you may find the atmosphere of a given restuarant is affected more by the age of your fellow diners rather than by the decor.

I have dined late seating on a prior cruise and there are much fewer kids on all rotations.

I was told by Disney reservations that rotation was determined only a week or so prior to cruise by the restaurant management (seaside and ship) using their computer systems at the Port.

What was explained to me was that rotation is much more complex, involving the category of room purchased, party sizes and party makeup (ages) including number in the group seated together and whether you had early or late seating. She said the restaurant management uses software that does a first-try assignment based on these parameters. This software was not connected to main reservations.

Fay Ray....Iam one of those who have requested specific dining rotations in the past....twice I received the rotation requested, and once I did not. I still think it was a hit or miss thing and I was just lucky the other two times. This time I am really not worried at all what rotation I get.

MJ

You're probably right. You have a 33% chance of getting the rotation you want right? I wish I had those odds of winning the lottery!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter