Dining time change

debc1212

Mouseketeer
We booked a cruise today that sails in just a few weeks. We have always booked well in advance, but this is a last minute decision. After we already booked & paid, I realized that the only option is for second seating. I have some digestive issues, and am unable to eat that late. It won't let me choose main dining, so I'm guessing it's full. Has anyone had luck changing their dining time close to your sail date?

We booked a cruise today that sails in just a few weeks. We have always booked well in advance, but this is a last minute decision. After we already booked & paid, I realized that the only option is for second seating. I have some digestive issues, and am unable to eat that late. It won't let me choose main dining, so I'm guessing it's full. Has anyone had luck changing their dining time close to your sail date?

When you board the ship, go to "dining changes" (the designated place has been known to change from one cruise to another, but the location will be listed in your Navigator) and ask them to move you. Good luck! Alternatively, you could go to the buffet, which is a sit-down dinner most evenings.

Call DCL tomorrow and have the request added to your reservation to move to main seating. Be sure to mention the medical issue when making the request.

Then, give DCL a call in a couple of weeks, to "confirm" that the request is on the reservation.

Don't know how many weeks til your cruise, but, giving them a couple of calls before you sailing date (if the request hasn't come through) might get the wheels turning (remember the squeaky wheel?).

If the request still hasn't come through, look in the Navigator you get at the port to see where/when dining changes are being handled and go there immediately upon boarding.

Most of the time these steps will get you what you want. Sometimes not. But, I'm thinking that, with the medical issue, you'll most likely get it.

Ok. Well. I have called several times since I posted here. Every time I call they say they can see that I've requested the change already and I'm on a wait list. They cannot tell me how many people are ahead of me on the waitlist. I'm starting to be concerned that we cannot change our dining time.

Any other suggestions?

Sadly, we have been on the waitlist for the earlier dining three times and have only gotten my waitlist once. Good luck.

As others have said, when you board, try to change your dining time. If you cannot, then try to eat a light dinner at one of the take-away places and then eat again, if you wish at the late dining. On our recent cruise on the Wonder, we were very impressed with our rice/noodle bowl from the establishment next to Daisy's de-lites, I cannot remember the name of the station. The menu was very healthy and digestive friendly. I wish we had tried the "rice/noodle bowl place earlier in the cruise. Oh well, another reason to cruise again.

If the main dining doesn't happen, OP should be able to forego the MDRs and eat similar fare in Cabanas, right? What are the times that Cabanas serves dinner?

We have always eaten at the MDR on our previous cruises and had early dining. But we've always booked about a year in advance. I guess since this cruise was booked about 2months before sailing we couldn't get main dining.

If they can't change it, I suppose we will just have to skip the MDR this time. :(
What does Cabanas serve for dinner? I'm guessing the walk up places by the pool are also open for dinner???

Cabanas is not open the first or last night. The one time I was going to try it I discovered it is a blend of all the MDR menus - and my "avoid like the plague" selections at that. Never again for me.

We have always eaten at the MDR on our previous cruises and had early dining. But we've always booked about a year in advance. I guess since this cruise was booked about 2months before sailing we couldn't get main dining.

If they can't change it, I suppose we will just have to skip the MDR this time. :(
What does Cabanas serve for dinner? I'm guessing the walk up places by the pool are also open for dinner???

Cabanas for dinner could be a good option for you, but don't give up on MDRs yet. We were on the waitlist for 9 months, never got off it, but when we got on the ship, we went straight to the proper MDR and changed our party to Main Dining, no problem, and there was NINE of us. So I'd say, you have a decent chance of doing it that way, and if you can't get it, Cabanas can be your fall back.

You can ask to be switched to first seating but it's not a guarantee. There's also the option of not eating in the main dining room, you can go to Cabanas for dinner maybe, or do room service?

Did you just call the main number to request to change your dining or did you contact Special Services? Because we have allergies, we always make all of our dining requests through them rather than the main #. I e-mail them at specialservices@disneycruise.com. Tell them your needs and reasons for them. In your case I'd mention that you recently booked and are currently waitlisted for main dining. They are pretty responsive and they should e-mail back within a day or so.

Did you just call the main number to request to change your dining or did you contact Special Services? Because we have allergies, we always make all of our dining requests through them rather than the main #. I e-mail them at specialservices@disneycruise.com. Tell them your needs and reasons for them. In your case I'd mention that you recently booked and are currently waitlisted for main dining. They are pretty responsive and they should e-mail back within a day or so.

Oh! I did call the main number - didn't know there was another option. I will try the email. Thank you!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter