Dining with 9

TonyTigger

Earning My Ears
We have a trip planned for December in a Grand Villa with 9 family members. I was checking to see what might be available in the 60 day dining reservation window so I can offer the family some choices when our window opens. I don't find any reservations for 9 but when I change my number to 8 there are plenty of options. Has anyone had any success (or have suggestions) on getting dining reservations for 9? Thanks for any help.

We’ll be a party of 9 as well. I’m thinking I’ll have to call - or else book for parties of 5 and 4, then hope we’ll be close to each other.

Hoping for additional suggestions here!

I've traveled with a large party more than once. I had to call Disney Dining and when they weren't able to reserve a single table, they'd book two but entered a note in their system that we wanted to be seated together if possible. I don't recall us ever having to sit at separate tables except at 'Ohana for breakfast, but we were next to each other that time which was fine.

With help from the wonderful Allison, a Dreams Unlimited travel agent, I got this handled a few years back.

It was dinner for 10. Me, DH, DS, DD, Nana, Papa and another family of four. Allison called Disney Dining and got us reservations for two tables to be near each other. One table of six, one of four. I think this was for Hollywood and Vine and Yak and Yeti.

Anyway, Nana and Papa are old and tired. So they bailed on us. We didn't try to rearrange anything or cancel anything. The reservations went fine and all 8 of us that remained were seated together for both meals.

We're a party of 10 most days and a couple days a party of 11. We booked our ADRs in a 7/3 or 7/4 split and had no issues getting what we wanted, when we wanted, within 5-10 minutes of each reservation. We don't expect they'll push tables together due to all of the new rules, but maybe they can sit us as nearby tables. BTW, we made our ADRs at 60+ days out that first morning.

Thanks for all the suggestions, we made two reservations each evening and had them noted that we were together, hopefully we will still be close to each other. It took a little time but I have made peace with it, we will be together for almost everything else.

Thanks for all the suggestions, we made two reservations each evening and had them noted that we were together, hopefully we will still be close to each other. It took a little time but I have made peace with it, we will be together for almost everything else.
Did you reserve online or call? Is there a way to note dining together if you book online?

I made the reservations myself and later called Disney Dining and they added a notation, of course they told me there is not a guarantee that we will be put together or close together. They had told me I could call Disney Dining and they would do the whole thing but I wanted to do it at 6 AM instead of waiting for the phone lines to open up.

Given the requirements for distancing - and that tables have been set as they are for that, I would not expect to be seated at the same table, but hopefully they could get you at 2 that are as close together as physical distancing will allow.

That's what I thought - 407-WDW-DINE, right?
I just called yesterday, two hours on hold. The CM said no issues until 11 persons, but good luck getting 10. Said better to split 8-2 or 6-4. I specifically then asked about our TiW and said tell them at podium and it should be fine. 🤔🙄😳 This is for December 18-27...😱

I just called yesterday, two hours on hold. The CM said no issues until 11 persons, but good luck getting 10. Said better to split 8-2 or 6-4. I specifically then asked about our TiW and said tell them at podium and it should be fine. 🤔🙄😳 This is for December 18-27...😱
Thank you for this - I’ll definitely set my alarm for early-early (I’m in CDT) and go for online booking at 6 AM EDT. I think I’ll search for 6+4, since I know that sometimes the ADR system balks at finding tables for odd numbers of guests.

Thanks you everyone! This has been very helpful.

We’re booked! I was able to book most restaurants myself online with split groups within 5-10 minutes of each other, but I had one that was 2 hours apart. So I called promptly at 7:00 AM EDT and to my surprise had no wait to connect to a wonderful CM, Edith Lynn. She fixed everything! We still have split groups of varying sizes, but we’ll be sure to check in early with everyone present. If I had known I wouldn’t be on hold forever, I’d have gotten an extra hour of sleep!

FYI.....when I called to have my 5 days worth of two reservations "noted" as together, the CM was adamant that they had no means of adding notations. Instead of arguing, I ask to speak to her manager/team lead and of course they can and did note my reservations. I know that some CM's understand system capabilities differently, just don't give up on things that you have learned from the experience of these disboard members. Also, during "these extraordinary times", I don't expect for the 10 of us to sit together but I feel confident that the restaurants will attempt to sit us as close as they can.

Our time to get reservations is coming up and we are a party of 13. I understand not sitting at one table and Im planning on calling in to make my reservations. My question is, when I call in can i make ALL my reservations for the 10 days we will be there or do they just do one or a couple and then I have to call back?
I appreciate this post as it has been so helpful to me, as I am sooooo nervous for our dining reservations this time around.

We are a party of 10. We have never had trouble getting all the reservations we wanted before, but we are going over Thanksgiving this year. I had to call to get help. They divided up our party into 2 groups of 5, and we were able to get most reservations we really wanted.

Our time to get reservations is coming up and we are a party of 13. I understand not sitting at one table and Im planning on calling in to make my reservations. My question is, when I call in can i make ALL my reservations for the 10 days we will be there or do they just do one or a couple and then I have to call back?
I appreciate this post as it has been so helpful to me, as I am sooooo nervous for our dining reservations this time around.
This morning the CM took care of straightening out all our ADRs and then asked if there was anything more we needed help with. So I’m sure you’ll be able to book all 10 days of your WDW resort stay.

Thank you for the answers, Im feeling a little less nervous. haha so stressful to plan these vacations. And we have never gone with our whole family. Kids, grandkids and significant others all going. So excited for this trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!