Dining with 9

Our time to get reservations is coming up and we are a party of 13. I understand not sitting at one table and Im planning on calling in to make my reservations. My question is, when I call in can i make ALL my reservations for the 10 days we will be there or do they just do one or a couple and then I have to call back?
I appreciate this post as it has been so helpful to me, as I am sooooo nervous for our dining reservations this time around.
According to Disney, “Disney Resort hotel Guests can make reservations up to 60 days in advance plus the length of their stay (up to 10 days).”

Even if your reservation is a split-stay, you can still reserve ALL your dining as soon as the booking window opens. The only caveat for a split-stay is that you’ll have to call (since the online system won’t recognize anything except the “next” res- it can’t tell if 2 are back to back). I’ve done this several times, and occasionally had a CM tell me “it wasn’t necessary” bc not everything would be taken, but they still always do it for me (& it’s always been a good thing that I called!!).

According to Disney, “Disney Resort hotel Guests can make reservations up to 60 days in advance plus the length of their stay (up to 10 days).”

Even if your reservation is a split-stay, you can still reserve ALL your dining as soon as the booking window opens. The only caveat for a split-stay is that you’ll have to call (since the online system won’t recognize anything except the “next” res- it can’t tell if 2 are back to back). I’ve done this several times, and occasionally had a CM tell me “it wasn’t necessary” bc not everything would be taken, but they still always do it for me (& it’s always been a good thing that I called!!).
Thanks! This is great to find out!

Thanks! This is great to find out!
Be prepared - this may or may not be the case when you call. Pre-COVID, DVC members could call MS at 60 days before check-in for the first resort and have all their ADRs made for length of stay (up to 10 days) despite having a split stay booked - but non-DVC guests could not. They could make ADRs only for the length of each resort reservation (including check-in and check-out days). Multiple DVC members have reported here that when Disney started letting ADRs be made post-COVID, that DVC privilege had been discontinued, and the 60-day booking window opened separately for each reservation (same as for non-DVC pre-COVID).

Be prepared - this may or may not be the case when you call. Pre-COVID, DVC members could call MS at 60 days before check-in for the first resort and have all their ADRs made for length of stay (up to 10 days) despite having a split stay booked - but non-DVC guests could not. They could make ADRs only for the length of each resort reservation (including check-in and check-out days). Multiple DVC members have reported here that when Disney started letting ADRs be made post-COVID, that DVC privilege had been discontinued, and the 60-day booking window opened separately for each reservation (same as for non-DVC pre-COVID).
I guess a phone call can’t hurt but good to know the answer may be no.

Sorry! I did think that I should’ve qualified that it worked with DVC reservations... and even though I had intended to call in for my upcoming split-stay, I ended up doing it myself as my dates opened up... which I forgot about.

Thank you for letting us know things may have changed. I (almost) always have split-stays, so I’ll definitely get firsthand experience soon!

Sorry! I did think that I should’ve qualified that it worked with DVC reservations... and even though I had intended to call in for my upcoming split-stay, I ended up doing it myself as my dates opened up... which I forgot about.

Thank you for letting us know things may have changed. I (almost) always have split-stays, so I’ll definitely get firsthand experience soon!
Please come back and let us know whether or not you’re able to book across the split! I didn’t try calling when my first window opened because my next one opened the next day. When I did call, it was a phone number that Mama Melrose gave me when I first asked to book a party of 9 there, not DVC MS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts