Dinosaur Closing?

BenC07

Earning My Ears
I know it is early to jump on this bandwagon and I am probably in a minority but the Dinosaur attraction is absolutely one of my favorites and a must-do for me and my Mom anytime we go. I agree the rest of Dinoland can go and use the talked about Zootopia/Moana re-theme but I would die if they took away/re-themed the Dinosaur ride...do we think the ride itself is under the chopping block? Am I alone on wanting to keep this ride? Lol! If it does truly fall under the chopping block how long do you think we would have notice for final days because I would need to totally ride it all day before closing.

I know it is early to jump on this bandwagon and I am probably in a minority but the Dinosaur attraction is absolutely one of my favorites and a must-do for me and my Mom anytime we go. I agree the rest of Dinoland can go and use the talked about Zootopia/Moana re-theme but I would die if they took away/re-themed the Dinosaur ride...do we think the ride itself is under the chopping block? Am I alone on wanting to keep this ride? Lol! If it does truly fall under the chopping block how long do you think we would have notice for final days because I would need to totally ride it all day before closing.
I was wondering that myself. I could actually see it happening. I doubt they'd leave it as is with no real link to anything. It would be hanging out there as a random attraction. Since it's reportedly the same track as Indiana Jones Disneyland (which I much prefer to Dinosaur), I think they could do a lot with it (sort of how they did with TOT at California Adventure). I thought I'd hate Mission Breakout, but I really like it. So we shall see I suppose, but I would love to see it rethemed.

You're definitely not alone. It's my favourite ride, I would be so upset if we lost it (though I don't see it happening for a long time, if at all)

While I would miss the dinosaurs themselves, the ride is basically the same lay out as Indiana Jones in Disneyland. IJ is 100% better in terms of theme and what's on the ride. I'm sure they could keep the layout and update the ride to be much more themed/less black rooms.

Dinosaur has the same ride profile as the Indiana Jones ride in Disneyland. If you have ever been on that ride, you might not be so fond of Dinosaur. The storyline and visuals at DL blow Dinosaur out of the water IMO. :duck: I doubt Disney will scrap the Dinosaur ride altogether. A revamp would be my assumption to match the newly branded land. I would personally welcome that, but then again DL used to be my home park and I was one of the first to ever ride Indiana Jones. It's kind of in my Disney DNA. Dinosaur has always be a let for me. Just my opinion though.

While I would miss the dinosaurs themselves, the ride is basically the same lay out as Indiana Jones in Disneyland. IJ is 100% better in terms of theme and what's on the ride. I'm sure they could keep the layout and update the ride to be much more themed/less black rooms.
Funny, we posted the same info at almost the same time. :worship: My post got stuck in transit.

Agree, IJ is SO much better and a better queue. Unless they were to turn Dinoland into an Indiana Jones themed area (as was once rumored), I don't see IJ fitting there.

Agree, IJ is SO much better and a better queue. Unless they were to turn Dinoland into an Indiana Jones themed area (as was once rumored), I don't see IJ fitting there.
I don't either, they would have to re-theme it to match the new area. I just think they could do much better with that ride.

I agree with others that I would miss the ride, but any sort of retheme would still be a lot of fun. As IJ showed it's just a fun ride system. The main thing I'd really miss would be the scary vibe that Dinosaur gives.
That said I don't see any changes happening for awhile.

There's an empty lot across from it. I wouldn't worry until that gets handled first. Maybe they'll skin Dinosaur to something else, whatever.

I love Dinosaur too as do my kids. I think those changes to Dinoland are way off (if they ever happen) - barely even on the drawing board. But if it doesn't fit I would expect a retheme. It has been there 24 years and I am guessing this retheme is probably 5 years away. So I suspect they'd change a ride nearly 30 years old - they'll likely keep the same track system, layout and building but replace with whatever the land is about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter