Direct add on to a resale contract @SSR waitlist time

AyrshireGirl71

DisneyPrincess
Hi
We bought resale last July 150 points@ SSR. We want to buy a direct 75 points add on at SSR. We are from UK so looking to increase our length of our vacation and receive the direct benefits. I contacted Disney last week and spoke to a guide. He has put us on the waitlist for SSR. He didn't commit to say how long he thinks we would have to wait. Has anyone recently added on at SSR and how long did you have to wait to purchase? I thought after the recent changes to use years , I could immediately purchase the direct 75 points rather than wait for a Dec use year. I'm hoping to have to have completed before our vacation at the beginning of July to take advantage of the 'blue card' benefits. Do you think I should keep in regular contact with the my guide? Thanks for any advice. :mickeyjum

I asked this question last week as I was put on the waitlist last Saturday for a December UY for for 2 x 75 points.

I’ve not heard but quite a few heard the same day or within a few days.

We’ve decided not to buy into Saratoga so will be coming off the waitlist.

Thanks for your reply. Did your guide give any indication of how long you would have to wait when you were put on the waitlist? I'm hoping I won't have to wait long.

I'm hoping it won't be 2 months! Fingers crossed

I doubt it as they’ve made it much easier now they can change to the UY. I guess the wait is just for contracts with 2018 points on. Good luck, I hope they come through quickly!

Hi
We bought resale last July 150 points@ SSR. We want to buy a direct 75 points add on at SSR. We are from UK so looking to increase our length of our vacation and receive the direct benefits. I contacted Disney last week and spoke to a guide. He has put us on the waitlist for SSR. He didn't commit to say how long he thinks we would have to wait. Has anyone recently added on at SSR and how long did you have to wait to purchase? I thought after the recent changes to use years , I could immediately purchase the direct 75 points rather than wait for a Dec use year. I'm hoping to have to have completed before our vacation at the beginning of July to take advantage of the 'blue card' benefits. Do you think I should keep in regular contact with the my guide? Thanks for any advice. :mickeyjum
Hi, we purchased 75 direct SSR points in the beginning of April. We have a Dec use year to match our BWV Dec use year. We were able to purchase the same day we called our guide. I think it will not be long for you as I told Carli_h when she was asking. I would think you would hear pretty quickly. Good luck with your purchase!

I doubt it as they’ve made it much easier now they can change to the UY. I guess the wait is just for contracts with 2018 points on. Good luck, I hope they come through quickly!

Pretty certain they have a pool of points that they could add to the contract for full points...

I'd be calling my guide every week...

Hi, we purchased 75 direct SSR points in the beginning of April. We have a Dec use year to match our BWV Dec use year. We were able to purchase the same day we called our guide. I think it will not be long for you as I told Carli_h when she was asking. I would think you would hear pretty quickly. Good luck with your purchase!

Thanks I spoke to our guide last Wednesday 5/1. Still nothing!! I would like to contact our guide every week but husband thinks we shouldn't act too keen. Any advice? I just assumed we would be able to get the points quickly especially after the changes to use year.

Thanks I spoke to our guide last Wednesday 5/1. Still nothing!! I would like to contact our guide every week but husband thinks we shouldn't act too keen. Any advice? I just assumed we would be able to get the points quickly especially after the changes to use year.
I think thats so weird that you haven't heard anything yet. I mean unless we just happened to hit them right at the right time and it was just luck that they happened to have some points ready to go? I think I would call again now that its been a week. That's really the only advice I have to give since we are fairly new at this as well.

I think thats so weird that you haven't heard anything yet. I mean unless we just happened to hit them right at the right time and it was just luck that they happened to have some points ready to go? I think I would call again now that its been a week. That's really the only advice I have to give since we are fairly new at this as well.
I have seen SSR contracts being taken back with ROFR so I assume Disney have accumulated plenty of points.

Why? The price doesn't change depending on how enthusiastic you are...

I think he is concerned if we seen to be too keen , they will say oh we don't have 75 points but we do have a bigger contract available to buy now. I would love to email my guide every few days ha ha to see if there is any progress on the wait list

I think he is concerned if we seen to be too keen , they will say oh we don't have 75 points but we do have a bigger contract available to buy now. I would love to email my guide every few days ha ha to see if there is any progress on the wait list

I have seen SSR contracts being taken back with ROFR so I assume Disney have accumulated plenty of points.
I know I have seen them get rofd that's what seems strange. As far as the bigger contract I mean you want what you want but if they were going to do that wouldn't they probably call you and say "we don't have 75 points but we have...." and you would most likely say no so wouldn't it be better for them to offer you what you do want? At least that's how I would think if I were a guide but I'm not in sales so I don't know what they might be thinking. I agree with Katie L, I would try calling again. Let us know how you make out.

I know I have seen them get rofd that's what seems strange. As far as the bigger contract I mean you want what you want but if they were going to do that wouldn't they probably call you and say "we don't have 75 points but we have...." and you would most likely say no so wouldn't it be better for them to offer you what you do want? At least that's how I would think if I were a guide but I'm not in sales so I don't know what they might be thinking. I agree with Katie L, I would try calling again. Let us know how you make out.
Yes I will. Hopefully when we speak to him, he will have some good news.

So after 2 weeks we got the call from our guide to say 75 points were now available and we purchased 75 points at SSR . So pleased. How long before it was offical? Want to see blue card! The guide is fedexing the contract for us to sign.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter