Directions to Port from Gainesville,FL

tbuot

DIS Veteran<br><font color=navy>Wishes upon a star
We are driving down a few days before our cruise and visiting friends in Gainesville. I see that directions from "north" have us travelling down I95. Mapquest tells us to go I75 South to the FL. Turnpike and over from Orlando. Anybody have any travel suggestions? Thanks

Since Gainesville is right on I-75, the quickest route is down I-75 to the Florida Turnpike to the Beeline East, which goes straight to the port.(Florida Turnpike and Beeline intersect each other) You will have about $5 worth of tolls. You could take SR 20 east out of Gainesville to SR100 to I-95 South. Lots of two lane road, no tolls, and some scenic countryside, but probably a half hour longer than the I-75 route. A lot depends on where your friends live in Gainesville. If they are already on the east side of town, I would do the SR 20 trip. If they are close to I-75, I would use that route. What you want to avoid is crossing Gainesville either direction whenever there is a big event at University of Florida.

how long of a drive would you say that it is?

When I drove between school (UF) and home (southern Brevard County) it took about 3 hours. You aren't having to go as far south so it may be a little less than that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter