Dirty room at Poly

We own at the Poly and this is my only gripe. THANK YOU for sending these pictures to member services. The mold issue is in a good amount of rooms, and housekeeping at the Poly is one of the worst at WDW in regards to cleaning rooms. I would much rather they fix and correct these issues then keep giving out fast passes.

We stayed at the Poly just before Christmas. I was so disappointed with the lack of cleanliness of the room and the amount of wear and tear on the furniture.

We are owners at the Poly and sadly I have seen quite a few reports about cleaning issues recently. So far, we have not experience a cleaning issue. 🤞 Let you know what I find in seven days on our Festival of the Arts trip.:artist:
Hi everyone, we just returned from our Festival of the Arts trip. Able to check into our DVC Polynesian room about 1 PM, was clean. We did have a few issues which we brought to the attention of the hotel staff: shower bathroom sink slow to drain, light bulb burned out (same bathroom), could only get resort channels on tv and intermittent knocking of water pipes. reported two issues by phone and two by hotel survey QR code (I didn’t have time to stay on hold, staff was in touch with me in about 5 minutes after submitting issues by QR code survey). Everything was quickly taken care of except the knocking of the water pipes. My DH did go to the front desk at check out to remind the staff about the water pipes occasionally knocking ( I went to the door about four times thinking someone was at the door🤣🤣)

I plan on dropping a note to DVC Member services: dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com

Sounds like mixed reviews. If I paid $700 a night to stay in a room and found it dirty, I’d be furious. This is clearly a management and oversight problem. It extends to many other businesses these days as well. A lot of people ‘doing work’ and nobody making sure it’s done well. I mean....they’ve only had millions of guests over the years so the process you’d expect would be pretty solid.

Just saw a Twitter announcement stating that the Polynesian will be offering the “Service Your Way” program beginning on February 24, 2020 (opt-out of housekeeping program in exchange for a gift card). The Polynesian is the only deluxe resort participating in the program at this time.
I realize this doesn’t affect the DVC side but makes me wonder if the Polynesian housekeeping department is struggling throughout the resort or maybe it’s just a test…

Just saw a Twitter announcement stating that the Polynesian will be offering the “Service Your Way” program beginning on February 24, 2020 (opt-out of housekeeping program in exchange for a gift card). The Polynesian is the only deluxe resort participating in the program at this time.
I realize this doesn’t affect the DVC side but makes me wonder if the Polynesian housekeeping department is struggling throughout the resort or maybe it’s just a test…
People are complaining about the rooms being dirty on the DVC side...probably because they aren't being maintained daily...and now "Service Your Way" will only lead to the regular resort rooms becoming disgusting. It's so disappointing.

Just here to offer a positive review for anyone looking to stay here! We rented DVC points for 8 nights back in Jan 2020. We were in Moorea and had a lake view. Our room was spotless -- no issues whatsoever. This was our first stay and we probably won't be returning (for unrelated reasons - just not our favorite resort), but cleanliness was NOT an issue for us and we enjoyed our stay!

Last August had a stay at the Poly; when we checked into our room we saw used paper towels in the corner of the room and wondered how house keeping missed it if we saw it in less than 5 minutes of being in the room.
Also the shower had a residue on the floor; I know that dark slate tile is hard to keep spotless but maybe have house keeping squeegee it.
Other than that the Poly is one of my favorite resorts. 🥳

When we stayed at the Polynesian, this was when the rooms were new, the water in the shower was backing up several inches. It was gross, even when it was "new". Can't imagine how disgusting it is now after years have gone by. They need to deep clean those showers. Plus their drain design is pretty flawed.

Oh that’s right; I forgot the shower had a slow drain and I wore my flip flops lol to shower. Brought back memories of college.
I hope they fix the issue with the shower backing up; definitely grosses me out. 🤢

Our first DVC vacation in February 5-8, 2020 @ Poly, split stay. Then moved to Wilderness Lodge Feb. 9-12. The Poly was nice, but like everyone posts here, it was not clean. The shower was gross (see pic)& whole room needed a good dusting. When we moved to Wilderness, it was much cleaner.
The pull out was much more comfortable at the Poly for my son though. We also had to ask for a blanket for the Murphy bed at Poly. Everything was there at Wilderness, but pull out needs replacement. IMG_20200205_222934420.jpg

Not a cleanliness issue but I've had problems opening my door with my magic band at Poly and only Poly. Not sure what the deal is with Poly!

This was on my mind so I went to a popular site for reviewing hotels. The first 2 pages had 3 awful housekeeping experiences at the Poly.

Disney and DVC housekeeping is a mess everywhere. I dont even remember how many dirty rooms we have had over the Pass 20+ years at various resorts. It’s the luck of the draw. As a hotel management company, Disney is the bottom of the barrel. They would rather come and reclean and give you a freebie if you complain because that is still cheaper than paying enough or hiring enough housekeepers. Many people don’t bother complaining so they don’t make any changes. Disney doesn’t make it easy to complain either.
The worst incident we had was one year at OKW when there was A huge amount of cooked cheese from a pizza hanging off the oven racks, greasy stove, a dirty diaper in the closet and something that looked like feces In the shower. This was at least 15 years ago so it’s not a new problem.
I wish Loews would offer a training course to Disney management on how they run the Universal resorts. Loews knows how to do it.

Disney and DVC housekeeping is a mess everywhere. I dont even remember how many dirty rooms we have had over the Pass 20+ years at various resorts. It’s the luck of the draw. As a hotel management company, Disney is the bottom of the barrel. They would rather come and reclean and give you a freebie if you complain because that is still cheaper than paying enough or hiring enough housekeepers. Many people don’t bother complaining so they don’t make any changes. Disney doesn’t make it easy to complain either.
The worst incident we had was one year at OKW when there was A huge amount of cooked cheese from a pizza hanging off the oven racks, greasy stove, a dirty diaper in the closet and something that looked like feces In the shower. This was at least 15 years ago so it’s not a new problem.
I wish Loews would offer a training course to Disney management on how they run the Universal resorts. Loews knows how to do it.
🤢🤮

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!