DIS 20th Anniversary Event - Official Info

Ok, our boat dropped off passengers at the Grand Floridian and then as we were winding around towards the Polynesian, we ended up passing right by the Yacht. We called out hello and waved. Now I'm embarrassed and hope they don't think we are weird stalkers. It was a total coincidence!

Now we are enjoying a wonderful lunch at Kona Cafe. Aloha

So Im not the type of guy who gets all emotional with Disney. I dig the fireworks, love the parades but all said, Im still a good ole redneck from rural Missouri. I religiously watch Chiefs football in the Fall and Royals baseball in the Spring/Summer. I coach high school sports and love to teach. But what I experienced last night was pure magic! I arrived alone and worried about feeling out of place, before long I had a group of DISers to chat with and a game plan for the night. I cruised test track to my hearts delight and Soarin so many times I lost count. When someone whispered J. Benson was about to take the stage I thought "What the heck. I'm not that guy but she is a Disney legend." I walked in late and to my surprise found a seat right next to John and Kevin. The next hour changed my "Disney life"! I'm a hard rock/blues type of dude so I had never experienced vocals at that level. I was not listening to a concert I was dancing with Bell, I was painting with all the colors of the wind, I was looking for a place where I would not be reprimanded for walking on bare land. When JB briefly paused between songs it was as if I where hanging an old buddy. Just one of the guys chatting it up with a pretty redhead. (You may not entirely agree with my straight life style but I ask that you don't judge me, I was born this way.) At the end of the performance I was standing with tears running down my chubby, bearded glob. It was... "transcendent"? I think I heard Pete say that once. It sounded cool so I thought I would take a wack at it. We completed the night with Illuminations and another countless number of rides on Soarin. Long story short. Thanks DIS! I have never experienced a night like that.

Last edited:
I'm running late for the Yehaa Bob meat up... Save me a space! And how do I get to the venue once I arrive at the bus stop? I just realized I don't know which bus stop to get off on! The main one?

Last edited:

I'm running late for the Yehaa Bob meat up... Save me a space! And how do I get to the venue once I arrive at the bus stop? I just realized I don't know which bus stop to get off on! The main one?

I can help. This is the resort we are staying in, but we are currently waiting for our Magical Express bus outta here.

Get off at the South Depot (main lobby) of POR, go into the main doors and the River Roost Lounge is directly to your left.

As I'm boarding my first flight of the evening at MCO, thank you to everyone for a week I will never forget. I had a great time getting to know many of you who I talk on the boards with daily. This was my first DIS meet, and I have to say it was so much fun! I have always loved traveling to Walt Disney World or Disneyland solo or with my family, but experiencing the parks with a bunch of Disney fans like me could not be beat. So, thank you for one of the best Disney experiences of my life! I'm proud to say I have a new Disney family! For everyone traveling, safe travels! I can't wait to meet many of you again sometime in the future.

Definitely feeling the post trip depression after this one as well. We only met a handful of people (a combination of introversion and lack of tickets to get to many of the unofficial meets), but everyone we met was great and the event was wonderful. A huge thank you to the team for putting this together and for being so kind and generous with your time when we met you.

It was a wonderful evening. Thank you so much to the team for putting everything together. I missed the email about the SW meet up change but got to give Ryno a hug I've been meaning to give him for months so it worked out well.

Thank you to the podcast team for making this party great. I was able to meet many wonderful people. I had a super time. Thank you again.

It was so nice to meet you and spend some time with you at Homecomin' and the dessert party! I was looking at my photopass photos of us meeting Chewbacca and BB8. So much fun!!!

It was nice meeting you at the Star Wars Dessert Party!

It was nice meeting you briefly at the dessert party!

A big thank you to all the staff for all the hard work you have done to really make this such a great event to attend ,, didnt get to meet many but so enjoyed meeting Kevin,, he is such a very fun loving guy,, hope one day I will be able to meet the rest of the dis team, love them all! You guys rock!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter