DIS 20th Anniversary Event - Official Info

I can't believe that it's been a week already since I was flying into Florida, biting my nails and hoping that this party would be all that it was advertised to. It certainly was! I was solo and very quiet (as I tend to be) but I had too much fun, experiencing Epcot for the first time, getting to enjoy Nemo and Test Track all by my lonesome (no one in front of or behind me, even!) multiple Soarin' trips (my new favorite!) and getting to ride Imagination with Kathy and Pete in their group. I can't say enough good things, I can't wait to attend another meet, and happy 20, y'all!

One of my best WDW trips EVER!! Having chicken and waffles with Michael was a huge honor. Meeting Craig and Kylie for the fireworks, meeting Theresa, John and Kevin at the Boardwalk were amazing. Due to not being able to change our plans we couldn't make many of the meets but the party was awesome and of course hearing Jodi Benson was beyond words. By the end of the week my sister, who hardly knew anything about WDW was talking about planning another trip. Thanks to John for all of your hard work and to the whole team for being so gracious and for bringing together all of us to celebrate The Dis. our love for Disney and for supporting Give Kids the World. Thanks to everyone who made this a week to remember!

Last edited:
I just wanted to take a moment to thank the Dis team for the amazing party! This is the first Dis event we have ever attended and my family of four had an amazing time! Any time an event of that scale appears seamless and goes off without a hitch you know the planners did a meticulous job. I am so grateful my kids had a chance to experience an empty Epcot. That event kicked off our trip and set the stage for a fantastic vacation. I felt like a teenage girl at a Justin Bieber concert meeting the podcast team! I wish I would have had you sign my lanyard:) Thanks again from Brooklyn and the other boroughs lol!

I loved this event. My only regret is that I underestimated the amount of time that I should go. Kelly and I took the red eye on Wednesday night, and were there through Sunday afternoon. We missed the opportunities of getting together on some of the official and pretty much all of the unofficial events. There were so many friends I would have enjoyed hanging out with, and didn't because we only had a couple of days. I think that for the next event I'll have to go the week.

I loved this event. My only regret is that I underestimated the amount of time that I should go. Kelly and I took the red eye on Wednesday night, and were there through Sunday afternoon. We missed the opportunities of getting together on some of the official and pretty much all of the unofficial events. There were so many friends I would have enjoyed hanging out with, and didn't because we only had a couple of days. I think that for the next event I'll have to go the week.
And I'm hoping like heck to be able to MAKE the next meet (if it's not in summer, that's a complete deal breaker for me!), and then I'll be able to finally meet you! :)

That was my biggest regret too. Loved the events but it was a bit short to get everything in.

The heat was brutal!

Next time I come alone as planned. I had my DD and her BF so I rearranged everything so they could have a good time and missed most of the meet except the party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!