Dis dad workout routine

Rod B

Disney_dada83
I realize that going to disneyworld really is a workout. Being a Disney dad, I'm the one who carries the bookbag full of everyone's stuff they dont want to carry so I'm the one who's walking down main street with the 100 lb mickey bookbag. But everytime I get home, I normally lose 10 to 15 lbs. I gain it back after a week home but nonetheless I think it's a double reward going on a Disney vacation.

Just one day at a park, carriying the what I call the "DAD BAG" i've walked about 10 miles or more. So with the bag, thats a pretty good workout. Plus your having so much fun, you forget your hauling pounds of stuff while walking long distances.

You may ask, whats in your bag that makes it heavy? Well here is what's always in my disney bag:
Ponchos
Water bottles for each family member (3)
Medication bag
Sanitizing bag
Headphones (for my autistic child)
Glow sticks
All the souvenirs everyone buys
Snacks
Also my wife's wallet cause it's too hot for her to walk around with something in her hand... so basically I'm a walking walmart.

Anyone else notices they tend to lose weight while at disney?

That’s funny! 😁 I always thought that men filled up their wives/girlfriends/partners’ handbags. Nice to read that touring Disney causes a role reversal.😉😂

The backpack is real! Water bottles, snacks, ponchos, blah, blah, blah and everything else. That pack gets heavy quick. It’s worth it, but man it’s a workout walking around the parks with it

In our case, we'll add the Disney refillable popcorn bucket. And also the empty refillable drink mugs because you want to hit those refill stations as soon as you get off the bus back at the resort. You don't want to walk all the way to your room to get the mugs and then walk back to the cafeteria just to walk back to your room again.

Last trip I had the backpack filled with sunscreen/first aid, bottles of water, sanitizer, every toy car in a Disney flavor my son purchases in the parks, my wife's "wallet", the ponchos, and then every day after our Very Merry outing, I also had to carry around my neck the giant Christmas Tree popcorn bucket, that in fact only carries about a thimble full of popcorn.

My underlying fear is placing all of this safely on every ride we go on. There's my wife, son, and daughter all laughing and pointing and taking selfies... and I'm the mule who paid for the trip, trying to fit a Christmas Tree into the belongings compartment at my feet.

Leave the backpack behind and enjoy. Relax. Once our kids were out of diapers, we stopped carrying and it is terrific. DW insists.on carrying a small one around. I tell her to relax too. It doesn't work.

Leave the backpack behind and enjoy. Relax. Once our kids were out of diapers, we stopped carrying and it is terrific. DW insists.on carrying a small one around. I tell her to relax too. It doesn't work.

I'm so use to carrying one that I'm not sure I could go without a backpack. I'd bring my camera with me, and a couple of lenses, so I'd need somewhere to put them. I'd limit what I'd carry though. There is a limit.

I'm so use to carrying one that I'm not sure I could go without a backpack. I'd bring my camera with me, and a couple of lenses, so I'd need somewhere to put them. I'd limit what I'd carry though. There is a limit.
I'm so used to having a backpack at the parks too. I would feel like something is missing. Now if we was staying at the contemporary, maybe I won't take a backpack but honestly my body is already conditioned for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!