DIS DVC 1000 Point Club (post #1 updated 02/10/2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant a customer to book a suite, not to buy points. The suites were really fabulous.
No, that’s what I meant, too. I just feel like when they offer these peeks of the big units, it’s so far from my planning that I don’t think of it as sales. We did a tour of an Aulani grand villa when we were there in June, too. But now my husband will talk of nothing else... so maybe it is a sales pitch that’s working!

But I think they don’t usually let people reserve the Disney Suites on the Member cruises, do they? I assume they use them for celebrity hospitality. Guess that makes us celebrities!

No, that’s what I meant, too. I just feel like when they offer these peeks of the big units, it’s so far from my planning that I don’t think of it as sales. We did a tour of an Aulani grand villa when we were there in June, too. But now my husband will talk of nothing else... so maybe it is a sales pitch that’s working!

But I think they don’t usually let people reserve the Disney Suites on the Member cruises, do they? I assume they use them for celebrity hospitality. Guess that makes us celebrities!
We have an Ocean View Grand Villa in Aulani booked for September!

I bought my first contract at AKV in 2015. I placed on offer on a 160 pointer but the seller was flaky and after 2 weeks the broker suggested I go for something else. I ended up getting a 250 point contract. I remember at the time thinking it was more than I needed. In 2016 I added 220 at BLT resale. Then I made the mistake of going to Poly for the first time in January of 2017. Bought 275 points direct in October and closed on a 100 point resale AKV add-on at that time as well. I wanted more BLT points and bought 2 small direct contracts (25 and 30) earlier this year. Promised myself I was done until Riviera goes on sale but just today closed on 100 more points at Poly. So now I'm officially at 1000. When I bought my first contract 3 years ago there's no way I would've even imagined having this many points.

I bought my first contract at AKV in 2015. I placed on offer on a 160 pointer but the seller was flaky and after 2 weeks the broker suggested I go for something else. I ended up getting a 250 point contract. I remember at the time thinking it was more than I needed. In 2016 I added 220 at BLT resale. Then I made the mistake of going to Poly for the first time in January of 2017. Bought 275 points direct in October and closed on a 100 point resale AKV add-on at that time as well. I wanted more BLT points and bought 2 small direct contracts (25 and 30) earlier this year. Promised myself I was done until Riviera goes on sale but just today closed on 100 more points at Poly. So now I'm officially at 1000. When I bought my first contract 3 years ago there's no way I would've even imagined having this many points.

I understand exactly how you feel. :thumbsup2 We bought our first points while on a cruise in 2008 at SSR. We went and had a fabulous time, and it remains our children’s favorite resort even now. Subsequently we picked up SSR and BCV contracts during the recession. Then VGF went on sale so we bought contracts there. Boom. We were at 1385 points. Recently we sold our BCV points and bought BLT resale so we are at 1375 points. We use every point every year!:confused3 I would love to buy a small contract at BLT, but DH says no (for now):rotfl2:

Congratulations :)

Me too. If resale for BLT realistically drops below $125-130 pp, though, all bets are off. We are at 485 now, 18 months after buying our 1st contract.

Seems like you're following a similar trajectory as I did. I was at 470 18 months after buying my first.

Seems like you're following a similar trajectory as I did. I was at 470 18 months after buying my first.
DH has put the brakes on, though... we'll see. I can see us wanting to stay in 2BR regularly as the girls get older, or if we bring MIL (or my dad) along more.

Just closed on a 400 point BLT contract, so you can change my total to 2,590 points. I think that will be the end of me adding on till I see how the new point charts are going to work out.

Just closed on a 400 point BLT contract, so you can change my total to 2,590 points. I think that will be the end of me adding on till I see how the new point charts are going to work out.
sweet!! :thumbsup2
do you think Riviera might influence your decision to add on more or not?

Last edited:
I always enjoy reviewing this list. I was once on the list with 2050 ?? Points, but since have asked Jim to take me off as we have sold.

Congrats to all new members!!

So excited for you! How will you use the points first? Anything special?

Congratulations on the addition :)

I also enjoy reading the list - congrats to all with so many who used them themselves and their families/friends.

Also congrats to those that use them themselves and rent some out (work involved/all good).

Looking at the list, are they all still members? Active on the board/have more/less points.........no biggie........

I also enjoy reading the list - congrats to all with so many who used them themselves and their families/friends.

Also congrats to those that use them themselves and rent some out (work involved/all good).

Looking at the list, are they all still members? Active on the board/have more/less points.........no biggie........
I’m here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter