DIS Exclusive China 2017

Awesome trip report!

We recently did the Viking trip in China and loved it. This brought back some great memories.

You can definitely see the attempt to teach guests proper theme park etiquette. Shanghai gets some bad press as far as the cutting in line and counterfeit merch, and trash on the ground. I did see these issues, but they weren’t as bad as I was led to believe. Maybe it was the time of the year. Maybe being there on weekdays helped. The biggest negative issue was line cutting. Given the amount of guests, it’s not rampant, but it is annoying when it happens. Best strategy is be there with a friend. Stand side by side and just say no.

We really didn't see much of those issues, either. And we were there on a sold out day in July.

Counterfeit merch - we took the Metro to the park. There was a lot of merch for sale as you got within a stop or two of the park. There was also merch for sale in the security and ticket lines. It was odd for sure, but it didn't bother me.

Trash - While in the ticket line, we saw someone grab a map from the wall, look at it for no more than 5 seconds, then throw it in the bushes. 'Here we go,' we thought, but we really didn't see that the rest of the day. Except... there was a bad storm that blew through while we were in the Tarzan show. The show ended and the monsoon continued for maybe 45 minutes. By the time it ended, the theater was covered with discarded ponchos. They were everywhere.

Line Cutting - only had it happen to us once. We weren't paying attention and the line in front of us moved. The people behind us just walked around. No big deal and we learned our lesson. One other time, there was a small child that kept trying to get in front of me (I was a single rider) in the Challenge Trail queue. I really think he just wanted to get to the end 'faster'. It wasn't a problem. His mom would yell at him and he would go back... about 8 times, the mother apologized to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter