DIS Fit 2020: New Hopes and Goals

That's interesting about Universal vs Disney. We spent a week at Disney in August and it was a lot of busy days. Kiddo has said we should just do less next time. I am considering Universal for summer 2021 or 2022 instead of Disney. I think any trips between now and then will be cruises (with the exception of a few days in Toronto). I found it interesting that my always moving kid found Disney too much and not enough time to just relax! I guess I have some time now to research Universal, and perhaps get kiddo to read the Harry Potter books.

@ottawamom good luck with the storage :) I am the pack rat. My parents keep nothing! I think my dad would but my mom is not into it. I have to admit I am liking having the decluttering of the main level done. I have some shelves in the basement that aren't used very well at the moment, I am hoping to get some work done on my own without having to have anyone else come back and help. I just need to actually do it. As for the snow, I know I'll have to shovel later in the week since there is more coming, but for now I cleared the bit that was up against the garage door and the end of the driveway. The rest is just a weird combo of frozen snow, seemed like a lot of work.

Universal is definitely like Disney is the good old days. Last year when DS and I went I used touring plans to get around. We didn't end up using the plans I created. There is a tonne of great information on their website though so that may be a good resource for one stop shopping for information.

Winter. Snow storm. Brr. Stuck inside with kiddo who is playing fortnite way too much. I've been watching the new season of Grace and Frankie. And sticking to keto! I made it through a whole week at work, even cooking him things like pasta and rice without having any myself. I'm beginning to feel the stomach benefits (haven't needed any tums all week!) and hoping for the increased energy and reduced hunger I know comes eventually.

Not looking forward to shoveling tomorrow, I may call a plow service for after the city plows go around. I think it's about $25 so would be well worth it to me. Once the snow stops any way. I can probably handle the driveway itself. That end bit is the annoying part.

This winter weather has me dreaming of vacations though! Even though I know I can't afford one this winter. My niece told me she's going to Disney next December and I jumped all over that :) Handing out tips and tricks lol. I guess if I can't plan my own trip I'll have to help plan someone else's! I do wish we were going away this year but I just realized kiddo's passport expired in December so he needs a new one before we can go anywhere, and I'd really like him to get a haircut before we get the picture taken ;) I start a new position on the 27th and it's really close to a service Canada office so I'll be able to go there at lunch one day and get it taken care of, after the picture gets done.

Now to go make some thing for dinner and try to pry the xbox controller from kiddo's hands. Hope everyone is doing well with their plans.

I've been making quite a bit of headway in the basement. I can actually see carpet in most areas now. I went through the pantry and organized it in advance of my Blue Friday shop. It's so easy to see what I've got and what we're running low on now.

Next step will be to move DH stereo and record collection over to a new corner. It's coming along. Step 2 could take a while because it requires DH help (argh!).

Walking on the treadmill is a godsend in this weather. I try to get on it twice a day. Not as many steps as Donald but I'm getting there knowing I will be putting in those kind of #'s end of April. Nothing like a Disney trip to keep you motivated to get and keep moving.

@Donald - my hero, which park were you at on Jan 15??

I think our AK day we did something close to that number...
here's how that day played out :
up stupid early cause I don't sleep well at home and even worse when we're away so I walked from our room to get some food and then back again.

off to the bus to head to epcot for our first park day, bus stopped at the furthest spot possible giving a ton more steps before we even started

soooooo much construction in epcot we kept getting turned around and that meant more unnecessary steps. Over to use one of our anytime FP for soaring then did figment and the Pixar movies. Wandered around the much smaller temporary Mousegears

eventually made it over to world showcase where hubby's feet gave up once we got to the UK. After we ate our fish and chips (100% safe for me!!!) I parked him on a bench and headed off for a solution

stopped in both little stores at the entrance to WS looking for flip flops found none and headed off to Mexico, then Norway then China where I found these but he didn't want them 🤪
20200115_153907.jpgcarry on to check outpost, again nothing. Went to Germany and got some caramels for hubby.

meanwhile my sister had been working her own magic in the background and arranged for a courtesy wheelchair from first aid so back down I go and around to first aid which is almost back to future world

set off back to Canada and dump hubby into said chariot and head off to our FP for frozen before we're heading towards the big golf ball to use another anytime FP that meant going all the way to the entrance to find out the wheelchair access is from the exit at the other side of the ball.

finally leave and head to the bus stop to come back to our resort. Dumped hubby in the room and headed over to riverside to see if they have the sweatshirt I want in my size and look for some decent toilet paper since I forgot to pack some

back to our room and decided I needed to get ssomething to eat, back to the food court....

I'm actually surprised I didn't clock more steps and that might be due to the fact that my phone was in my hand while wandering around the WS searching for sandals and texting my sister 😱

I am still making it to the gym. Apparently I have been to the gym 9 times this year already. I am trying to get my feet used to all the walking I will be doing at the parks and on the cruise next month. I ordered new runners with orthotics because the ones I am wearing now are leaving my feet sore after a workout, hopefully this will be the solution to help my feet.
Now to just keep the snacking in the evening to a minimum and I'll be golden (I am only successful 4 out of 7 days)

I've been keeping up with my walking 2x per day so that's good. Purging the basement of everything that is truly not needed. I won the cardboard box war with DH. Those went out this morning to be recycled.

I've also been purging my emails of unnecessary subscriptions. I have been going crazy unsubscribing to all kinds of emails I usually just delete anyway. If I miss them I can always add them back later.

I guess I am going to be looking for a new hope and goal.
I had my two scopes ( colonoscopy and endoscope) yesterday afternoon.
Good news is no Cancer,,one small polyp removed, stomach is inflamed so they took a biopsy.
Bad news is our hospitals are all running on overdrive,,,the Emergency surgeries are of course taking priority and everything else is being cancelled. Nurses said they'd never seen so many Flu/pneumonia/virus/Respiratory people.
I see the surgeon next week but when I asked his secretary when she thought a surgery date might open up she said maybe March. (Gallbladder removal). So unless I have another attack (which they did tell me to go straight to ER if this happens) I am stuck waiting.
The antibiotics I just finished from my hospital stay caused oral thrush and yesterday they put a mouth bite guard in before the endoscope and then knocked me out--I literally couldn't talk and had 5 seconds of conscious fear,,, of which I was trying to tell them the guard wasn't in place,,I now have trauma injury to the inside of my lips/mouth,,been sucking on popsicles all day.

Now I know I can't go to Disney in March and have to make all the calls to cancel everything:sad: (flights,resort reservation,,Disney Villains Party which I know is non refundable,just got my Etsy Villains t-shirt too,,,,,,,,,etc....BUT I need something to look forward to so it's time for me to do some rescheduling and plan something new.
I'm always an optimistic soul but the last two weeks has been hard.
I know things will get better.
So come on better days I am ready for you.

Hugs
Mel

So sorry you're going through all this. It's one thing after another. A perfect storm on the medical front. (flu/hospitals etc). Are you able to transfer your Villans party tickets to someone else. Maybe there's someone here who's going to be there at the same time?

Take care. It will all come together... eventually!

So sorry you're going through all this. It's one thing after another. A perfect storm on the medical front. (flu/hospitals etc). Are you able to transfer your Villans party tickets to someone else. Maybe there's someone here who's going to be there at the same time?

Take care. It will all come together... eventually!

Hi
I called DVC today and they said*the VAD ticket is non refundable and Non transferable*.
I contacted Universal and they said they can not help with third party (Airmiles) tickets.
Thanks for the good thoughts though,
Hugs
Mel

You may be able to do something with the Airmiles tickets though. Someone going before they expire? They don't have a name attached to those. I figure if we put it out there someone may pop in with a offer?

Hi
I called DVC today and they said*the VAD ticket is non refundable and Non transferable*.
I contacted Universal and they said they can not help with third party (Airmiles) tickets.
Thanks for the good thoughts though,
Hugs
Mel

I’m sorry you’re dealing with these ongoing problems, Mel!

I don’t know if you’ll get a different answer, but I would try calling disney directly instead of DVC. A few years back, I visited with a friend and we had MVMCP tickets. She got really sick that day and couldn’t go, and Disney refunded the ticket even though they’re non refundable. Maybe you’ll get lucky and talk to someone who can bend the rule
too?

I might outright ask if it could be refunded as a gift card, actually, so that you have something to look forward to when you’ve recovered and you’re able to rebook? I don’t know if they can/will, but you never know.

Oh no! That is a long wait. When I had mine out I was told I could go to the bigger hospital in 4 months or the small one out of town (about a 45 minute drive) in a couple weeks, I believe it was from around Halloween when I was in hospital until Black Friday. Is there another hospital near by that does day surgeries?

I hope you are able to get things sorted out :(

I’m sorry you’re dealing with these ongoing problems, Mel!

I don’t know if you’ll get a different answer, but I would try calling disney directly instead of DVC. A few years back, I visited with a friend and we had MVMCP tickets. She got really sick that day and couldn’t go, and Disney refunded the ticket even though they’re non refundable. Maybe you’ll get lucky and talk to someone who can bend the rule
too?

I might outright ask if it could be refunded as a gift card, actually, so that you have something to look forward to when you’ve recovered and you’re able to rebook? I don’t know if they can/will, but you never know.

Thanks Hon
I'll try to find a number to call
Thanks
Mel

Oh no! That is a long wait. When I had mine out I was told I could go to the bigger hospital in 4 months or the small one out of town (about a 45 minute drive) in a couple weeks, I believe it was from around Halloween when I was in hospital until Black Friday. Is there another hospital near by that does day surgeries?

I hope you are able to get things sorted out :(

Hi Heather,,actually all the area hospitals are super packed,,I have two nieces that work in them (nurses) and they said it is mobbed.
Thanks for the good wishes.
Hugs
Mel

I guess I am going to be looking for a new hope and goal.
I had my two scopes ( colonoscopy and endoscope) yesterday afternoon.
Good news is no Cancer,,one small polyp removed, stomach is inflamed so they took a biopsy.
Bad news is our hospitals are all running on overdrive,,,the Emergency surgeries are of course taking priority and everything else is being cancelled. Nurses said they'd never seen so many Flu/pneumonia/virus/Respiratory people.
I see the surgeon next week but when I asked his secretary when she thought a surgery date might open up she said maybe March. (Gallbladder removal). So unless I have another attack (which they did tell me to go straight to ER if this happens) I am stuck waiting.
The antibiotics I just finished from my hospital stay caused oral thrush and yesterday they put a mouth bite guard in before the endoscope and then knocked me out--I literally couldn't talk and had 5 seconds of conscious fear,,, of which I was trying to tell them the guard wasn't in place,,I now have trauma injury to the inside of my lips/mouth,,been sucking on popsicles all day.

Now I know I can't go to Disney in March and have to make all the calls to cancel everything:sad: (flights,resort reservation,,Disney Villains Party which I know is non refundable,just got my Etsy Villains t-shirt too,,,,,,,,,etc....BUT I need something to look forward to so it's time for me to do some rescheduling and plan something new.
I'm always an optimistic soul but the last two weeks has been hard.
I know things will get better.
So come on better days I am ready for you.

Hugs
Mel
Sorry to hear about what you have been through, Mel! Hope you get well soon!! Call Disney about the Villain Party Tickets and see if they can help out in some way. It’s worth a try!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!