Dis Old Fogies Clubhouse – Six of One, Half Dozen of the Other. Makes No Difference!

....that walk isn't too bad.....try walking from DHS to the Beach Club! :faint:

When I can I walk from DHS to EP, just because I love it so much!! It's a beautiful walk all the way (although I keep to the Boardwalk side and cross the bridge after the BC). But I do love walking, so.....

Hugs and "feel better"s to all those who need them, including kitties! :hug::cat:

Started a new job this week, I'll be baking in the camp kitchen. I'm weaning myself off housekeeping (helping through the rest of the year and then really backing off) because my body is starting to rebel against the work. I come home in pain most days and I can't take a lot of painkillers, so it's really no fun!

Made my overnight reserv. yesterday for DL at the end of the month. DS15 is going to go up with me; he wants to see the DL park (we only did DCA last time), and see it decked out for the holidays.

Cannot believe how fast this month is going and how soon Thanksgiving will be here..... Finding it hard to really catch my holiday spirit (not for lack of trying!!) mostly because of the weather (my mind thinks it should be cold and potentially snowy out there), and also there may be a bit of homesickness going around. :sad1: I always balked at the big family gatherings but they were such a part of Nov. and Dec..

Started a new job this week, I'll be baking in the camp kitchen. I'm weaning myself off housekeeping (helping through the rest of the year and then really backing off) because my body is starting to rebel against the work. I come home in pain most days and I can't take a lot of painkillers, so it's really no fun!....Cannot believe how fast this month is going and how soon Thanksgiving will be here..... Finding it hard to really catch my holiday spirit (not for lack of trying!!) mostly because of the weather (my mind thinks it should be cold and potentially snowy out there), and also there may be a bit of homesickness going around. :sad1: I always balked at the big family gatherings but they were such a part of Nov. and Dec..

....I hear ya....and good luck with the job!

Made my overnight reserv. yesterday for DL at the end of the month. DS15 is going to go up with me; he wants to see the DL park (we only did DCA last time), and see it decked out for the holidays.

What day are you going?

I just made a reservation at Steakhouse 55 for the Saturday night of Thanksgiving weekend! Yay!

Finding it hard to really catch my holiday spirit (not for lack of trying!!) mostly because of the weather (my mind thinks it should be cold and potentially snowy out there), and also there may be a bit of homesickness going around. :sad1: I always balked at the big family gatherings but they were such a part of Nov. and Dec..

I can understand that, having spent my entire adult life in Southern California I can feel the subtle differences in the change of season. November it gets cold enough that I wear T-shirts instead of Tank tops and eventually I switch from my Capri pants to full length pants. I also need to wear a corduroy overshirt in the evenings as the temperature is colder.

What day are you going?

I just made a reservation at Steakhouse 55 for the Saturday night of Thanksgiving weekend! Yay!

We're going up early on Wed. the 29th and spending that night. Our checkout isn't until noon so if DS wants to sleep in, I may hop back over and catch DCA for a couple hours first thing on Thursday! (he'll only have the 1-day ticket for Wed.)

I can understand that, having spent my entire adult life in Southern California I can feel the subtle differences in the change of season. November it gets cold enough that I wear T-shirts instead of Tank tops and eventually I switch from my Capri pants to full length pants. I also need to wear a corduroy overshirt in the evenings as the temperature is colder.

It is finally cooling down a bit, although as I write my thermometer is reading 82*. But it was 25* at 6am today!! I am amazed at the range we get in one 24-hr period. I also have to chuckle at the born-and-bred-here folks who are dressed like I would be in January in New England! It's all in the perspective, I know... :rolleyes:

It springtime here and I'm sneezing my head off due to hay fever. We've had two days of temps over 30 C and I can just see that it's going to be a long summer ahead.

I'm hoping to take some extended time off over the Christmas period. We'll see if my leave is approved.
Nothing on the travel horizon. We have to stay put this year and next. We'll see how it goes for 2019, after DS finishes school

Just got in late last night from our whirlwind week. Went up to Portland to visit our DD, then down to DL for the DVC event and then on to San Diego to visit a high school friend. Laying low today since it's back to work tomorrow.

Great trip to DL yesterday! Crowds were WAY down from my last few trips, but there were also lots of characters out and about for the holidays. All the Main Street vehicles were running in the morning; lots of street entertainment . The lights and show on IASW are A-MA-ZING..... I'm sure the inside is cool, too, but the wait was an hour so we skipped it.

DH is going to get his own pass this weekend and we may head back up Monday so he can see the holiday stuff too!

Meanwhile, my boy cats have made it crystal clear that my being away overnight was NOT acceptable..... Little punks. :cat:

I've managed to get 6 weeks leave approved over Christmas and January. I'm so happy!

Won't be doing anything other than staying home and resting up.

Hope you're all well.

Yay for approved leave you deserve it PIO.:yay:

I set up my appointment for January to turn in my retirement packet, March 2nd will be hear before I know it. :cool1:

Great trip to DL yesterday! Crowds were WAY down from my last few trips, but there were also lots of characters out and about for the holidays. All the Main Street vehicles were running in the morning; lots of street entertainment . The lights and show on IASW are A-MA-ZING..... I'm sure the inside is cool, too, but the wait was an hour so we skipped it.

DH is going to get his own pass this weekend and we may head back up Monday so he can see the holiday stuff too!

Meanwhile, my boy cats have made it crystal clear that my being away overnight was NOT acceptable..... Little punks. :cat:
....glad you had a great time! I've heard that HM is closing Jan. 8 [my guess is to remove the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay]....anyone know how long that takes? My DS is planning to surprise his GF with a "mini" trip to DL for her birthday/Christmas present....

....glad you had a great time! I've heard that HM is closing Jan. 8 [my guess is to remove the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay]....anyone know how long that takes? My DS is planning to surprise his GF with a "mini" trip to DL for her birthday/Christmas present....

Touring Plans says "mid- to late-January" for the reopen, so a couple weeks? They have a LOT to take down!! :eek:

DH just got himself an AP so we're heading up Thursday this week (last day before the Christmas season block-out).

Plans says "mid- to late-January" for the reopen, so a couple weeks? They have a LOT to take down!! :eek:

DH just got himself an AP so we're heading up Thursday this week (last day before the Christmas season block-out).

.....sounds about right I guess....

I imagine that this will include a small refurb as well. It only took like two days or so to get it set up. I know it took less than a week to put in.

I imagine that this will include a small refurb as well. It only took like two days or so to get it set up. I know it took less than a week to put in.

....they will be arriving way past that date....he has tentative plans for arrival around the 19th or 20th of February...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!