Dis Old Fogies Clubhouse – Six of One, Half Dozen of the Other. Makes No Difference!

@franandaj - I have a question for you.....

You've been a DLR pass holder for some time, I gather, or at least someone who has been frequenting the parks. What is your opinion of the SoCal passes, as well as the payment plan option??

I'm looking for a "real" person's take on this. I have been lurking around a [non-DIS] DLR discussion board for some months now, but recently left. The hostility towards those of us who -- *gasp* -- actually take advantage of the payment plan was getting a bit much. I ended up feeling like the scum of the earth, because apparently, according to these posters, it's people like me who have totally ruined DLR (as in it's always busy, yadda yadda yadda....).

I just feel like yelling through my screen to them, "HEY!....It's DISNEY!! Have you been to WDW lately?! SAME thing happening there and they have much more expensive passes!!!"

Anyway, just wondering how you feel about all this. And please be honest, I won't be offended! I mean obviously when I"m at the parks, I am no different than someone who forked over close to $1000 for a Premium pass. But again, I'm curious.

You've been a DLR pass holder for some time, I gather, or at least someone who has been frequenting the parks. What is your opinion of the SoCal passes, as well as the payment plan option??

I actually don't have much of an opinion. We pay in a lump sum every year, but I've never harbored any ill will towards people who pay monthly. That seems bizarre. The reason it's crowded is because it's a fun place to go, and lots of people live close enough to go often. The fact that 10% of the park was closed for most of last year also had an impact.

I try to go mid week, avoid weekends and in short bursts so when the crowds annoy me i can go home or back to the room.

I actually don't have much of an opinion. We pay in a lump sum every year, but I've never harbored any ill will towards people who pay monthly. That seems bizarre. The reason it's crowded is because it's a fun place to go, and lots of people live close enough to go often. The fact that 10% of the park was closed for most of last year also had an impact.

I try to go mid week, avoid weekends and in short bursts so when the crowds annoy me i can go home or back to the room.

Thanks for the input, I appreciate it. Maybe the forum I stumbled upon happens to be the gathering spot for a small but vocal bunch of cry babies!! :sad::rotfl:

I'll stick with the DIS, and my Fogies and Babnanas. :thumbsup2

....oh NO! I hope the wicked queen doesn't get me!

enhance

Hmm, I guess I should think about planning a few thing for our April DL trip. It's just the two of us so we'll mostly just wing it.

@franandaj ....I have been lurking around a [non-DIS] DLR discussion board for some months now, but recently left. The hostility towards those of us who -- *gasp* -- actually take advantage of the payment plan was getting a bit much. I ended up feeling like the scum of the earth, because apparently, according to these posters, it's people like me who have totally ruined DLR (as in it's always busy, yadda yadda yadda....).

I just feel like yelling through my screen to them, "HEY!....It's DISNEY!! Have you been to WDW lately?! SAME thing happening there and they have much more expensive passes!!!"

Anyway, just wondering how you feel about all this. And please be honest, I won't be offended! I mean obviously when I"m at the parks, I am no different than someone who forked over close to $1000 for a Premium pass. But again, I'm curious.

....sounds like YOU need a hug....:hug:

Hmm, I guess I should think about planning a few thing for our April DL trip. It's just the two of us so we'll mostly just wing it.

When are you coming down? We have two weekends in April booked at the Grand. If I didbt use the points I would have lost them. I guessed wrong that F&W would be after Easter, so i had to keep the reservations.

....Alison, have you ever heard of the Carrera Cafe`in West Hollywood? [notice her ring finger? *wink* *wink* ]

I don't tend to hang out in WeHo, but i take it that your DS proposed on their CA trip?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!