Disability and tickets

OP not sure how many days off you need but with a 3 days ticket you can go to the park have a day off in between each park day Also do think to help your self Like take breaks at the park ( all the parks have a first aid that you can use ) or at the hotel use a mobility device if it might help you stay hydrated and eat as close to normal as you can, if your on medication stay on schedule with it.

There really is not many people that can do rope drop to park close every day for 3 days. Disney has it now that you can take a day off in between park days and I think that is great that they do this.
But some people need two or three days off between park days and the OP may be one of those and don't give it the whole life isn't fair garbage, that is what ADA is supposed to be there to fix, to make it more equal for those with disabilities.

No. Even with a name and a (I would be stunned if such a thing existed or is even the slightest bit possible from the system) "confirmation numnber" :confused3, the OP's request or expectation would have no standing. What a phone representative says has zero standing or effect.
Actually, if you get passed to a supervisor, confirmation numbers would indeed mean something....been there, done that.

But some people need two or three days off between park days and the OP may be one of those and don't give it the whole life isn't fair garbage, that is what ADA is supposed to be there to fix, to make it more equal for those with disabilities.

No, the ADA has nothing to do with this.

Please explain how this is any different than having to pay to rent a wheelchair or ECV. Is that discriminatory too?

if the OP needs more days between park days they can buy one day ticket have it for say August 1 then buy another one days ticket for say August 3 or 4 then another for August 7 or 8 Yes it would be more money but like others have said some people need wheelchair or ECV does Disney give them out for free no

you seem to want better access

if the OP needs more days between park days they can buy one day ticket have it for say August 1 then buy another one days ticket for say August 3 or 4 then another for August 7 or 8 Yes it would be more money but like others have said some people need wheelchair or ECV does Disney give them out for free no

you seem to want better access
No, that is a lot more expensive than buying a 3 day ticket, sorry, but that is not the same as a mobility device, given them a few extra days before the ticket expires costs Disney literally nothing, an ECV rental does cost Disney money, which is why they can't give it for free.

No, what I propose is equal access, not better access for the OP and I still say they should contact Disney directly, I would have sent them a PM instead of posting here because I know my suggestions would actually yield results instead of more self righteous posts by what are turning into more and more stuck up people on these boards, so sad as I remember a day where everyone actually tried to be helpful.

As I was saying, I would send a PM, except they only have one post, so I can't and given the way they have been treated by those on this thread, I wouldn't be surprised if they leave and never post, as pretty much everyone has been downright rude on this thread and several others lately on the disabilities board and I have been trying to be good and not call people out on it, but I am sick of it and standing up against it.

No, that is a lot more expensive than buying a 3 day ticket, sorry, but that is not the same as a mobility device, given them a few extra days before the ticket expires costs Disney literally nothing, an ECV rental does cost Disney money, which is why they can't give it for free.

No, what I propose is equal access, not better access for the OP and I still say they should contact Disney directly, I would have sent them a PM instead of posting here because I know my suggestions would actually yield results instead of more self righteous posts by what are turning into more and more stuck up people on these boards, so sad as I remember a day where everyone actually tried to be helpful.

As I was saying, I would send a PM, except they only have one post, so I can't and given the way they have been treated by those on this thread, I wouldn't be surprised if they leave and never post, as pretty much everyone has been downright rude on this thread and several others lately on the disabilities board and I have been trying to be good and not call people out on it, but I am sick of it and standing up against it.

Ok, so we are rude to tell someone that Disney more than likely will not let them have more days between there days and we have given them suggestion on thing they can do. I believe the OP has already called Disney to ask this question and was told no ( they were given the option to buy a more expensive ticket) and the OP did say they needed a day or two to rest so there is a chance they would be fine taking one day off in between park days ( and with a 3 day ticket this is allowed for all guest) I suggest the OP did a few things to help give them a better chance of just needing one day off

as far as the wheelchair ECV and that is not fair because wheelchair ECV are cheaper, at what price point should someone with a disability get things for free? should I get the dessert party for free since they are the only way I can see the fireworks. I normal stay at all stars or pop but I went over new your even and stayed at the contipary since I know there would be no way I could deal with the buses should I have been given that room for the price of the all-stars that night

Disney is pretty good at helping you out if something comes up and if something came up and the OP was in the hospital there would be a chance Disney would let them use the day or days they had left latter but even this is not something I would count on

It doesn't matter what anyone proposes. The law is what matters and this is not discriminatory or in violation of the ADA.
I would disagree, but that would be for lawyers to settle, not you or I.

The OP asked if there was a way to allow for what they want regardless of anything Disney may or may not be obligated to do and I gave them viable options that would allow them to get what they need and yet everyone still insists on attacking the OP for asking a question and yes, they are attacking them.

What the OP requests is not a regular accommodation at WDW, not have I ever heard of it as a rare or special accommodation. OP is welcome to try climbing the chain of command.

More helpful than arguing the law, please offer suggestions that might help the OP with planning, touring, activities, etc.

OP if you bought a 3 day park hopper ticket for July 8 it would be $398 + tax if you did a one day ticket with two days in between without park hopper that would be $351. saving you $47

another thing you can do is the DAH party instead of buying ticket at $125 it is a little more then a single day ticket ( and depending on when you go it might not be) but if you did 3 of them at $375 it is still cheaper then the 3-day ticket $23. and you get so much more free drink popcorn ice cream and all the rides are walk on very little crowds and they let you in around 7 pm ( I would check the time) you can book FP for the last 3 hours the park is open and you can see the fireworks ( in the park that have them AK does not). it is quite doable to do everything with a good touring plan

No, that is a lot more expensive than buying a 3 day ticket, sorry,
It's really not. A three day ticket starting August 1 would be $342+tax. Three single day tickets for the dates @gap2638 pickex at random would be $117, $125, and $125 - so, $357. The other advantage to single day tickets is, if the OP ended up not being able to use the third day, she wouldn't have to buy it. With a three-day ticket, that $114 would be wasted.

Yes, the disadvantage is not being able to book FP. Nothing's perfect.

I'm one of those people who needs a day off in between parks. it has never occurred to me to even THINK about requesting( demanding) special treatment and a waiving of the stated policies. it is an unreasonable request as far as I am concerned. elderly people don't demand extra time before a ticket expires because they need to take a day off to rest their weary bones. families with small children don't demand it because they lose a park day unexpectedly because little Susie over ate Mickey Bars and has a stomach ache.

Disney offers a ticket with a longer expiration date from first use. that's a perfectly adequate solution and is in no way discriminatory or unfair to anyone playing the disabled card. the fact that it is more expensive is irrelevant. it offers more flexibility so of course it costs more.

I schedule table service meals in the park to give me an hour or more of rest in air conditioning. I don't go pell mell all day long, we take our time. I use my wheelchair. we bring a camel back full of ice water and I have those cooling towels. a hat is essential( sunburned scalps are no fun)

5 days to use a 3 day park ticket is entirely adequate IMNSHO. it even has built in flexibility for pesky weather related issues.

I don't think the OP has checked back with more comments but it would help to know the dates of their trip and some "must-do/see" things for the OP and child. It could be that if they're traveling on nights of special events - like after hours parties - those might be a good deal - they're expensive but it might allow them to get on many rides, less crowds and cooler weather, etc. In the past people have been able to get into the MK early with a MNSSHP ticket so that could be an option also. Ideally buying extra days on the pass would give them more than enough time to visit...any chance that you could actually use extra days OP? Or plan to go for half days? I haven't been to any of the "after dark" parties but it sounds like people have success riding a lot of things and if it's summer the evenings are nice being out of the sun. I'm not sure of course that riding a lot of attractions is what you want or are able to do.

There are H2O glow parties at Typhoon Lagoon in the summer that look amazing and include character greets I think. I'm very tempted to try one this summer. I don't think they usually sell out and could be a last minute or closer to the date purchase based on how the weather looks.

I think I wouldn't want to plan a trip hoping to get a ticket date extension just in case that falls through. Always possible the OP works that out with Disney but it's good to have plan B and C and D.

Actually, if you get passed to a supervisor, confirmation numbers would indeed mean something....been there, done that.
and I have had it not work even with the supervisor. it can go either way but in OP case I would not plan on it and have it not work when they get there

If OP were to stay at a Disney resort and get a package with room and tickets, they would be valid for any day of her stay. If she stayed for 7 nights for instance, she could use those 3 day tickets any of those 8 days of her stay. Depending on dates, available discounts, and whether OP is local vs needing a hotel, this might be an option to consider.

If OP were to stay at a Disney resort and get a package with room and tickets, they would be valid for any day of her stay. If she stayed for 7 nights for instance, she could use those 3 day tickets any of those 8 days of her stay. Depending on dates, available discounts, and whether OP is local vs needing a hotel, this might be an option to consider.
If a FL residents and getting the FL ticket they can be used in like 6 months ( I have an AP so not sure how long I just know it is much longer time to use your ticket then none FL ).

Given the OP’s concern about needing hoppers in case a park is too crowded, I highly recommend Touring Plans. It’s about $13 for one year, and their crowd calendar is right on the money. OP could forecast which park is best each day, then maybe drop the park hopper option and buy the flexible ticket instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter