• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disabled Duo with Questions...

dizcrazee

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone, My DH and I are planning a trip to WDW in May with our 8 yo DD. We both have mobility issues - he has a bad hip and is having hip replacement surgery later this year and I have severe arthritis in my knees. Since it is so expensive to rent two ECV's, we would like to share one and bring a walking cane that folds into a little stool ($30) so that the other person can sit on it while waiting in lines, etc. There's no way either of us will be able to stand the length of time required or walk extensively around the park.

I've researched this topic and have been unable to find anything about WDW's policy regarding this piece of equipment (the cane-stool thing). We don't want to spend $30 on the cane if we won't be allowed to use it. We can both get a letter from our doctors stating our medical conditions if necessary.

Does this plan sound workable to you? How can I find out whether we will be permitted to use the cane-stool? Any advice you can give us will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your reply. We are excited about going to WDW and we don't want to let our medical problems hinder our fun. I'm so glad WDW will let us use the cane-stool, I think it will make touring much easier for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter