• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Discount admission for Police Officers

married2grumpy

DIS Veteran
I had heard from a friend of mine that Disney may offer discounted admissions to police officers. She said some of the other theme parks in Orlando are already doing this. Is there any truth to this rumor or is it just that, a rumor?

Don't know about Disney( but it would be nice. ), but Universal has a special deal through the end of April for cops, firefighters/EMS, active duty military.

The "Hero" gets in free, and gets a pass for free admission for 4 out of the next 7 days, and up to 5 family/guests get admissions for 50% off.

I used this TODAY coincidentally, and to get our group of 5 in (4 adult tix, 1 child (myself included)) for today only cost us just over $101. No other discounts inside the park, but hey, this alone saved us about $140.

A warning however: you have to fill out a couple of forms, and all members must sign their tix, and you must all enter the park together. The ticketing process is VERY slow. Get to the ticket booth EARLY (the far left one) (I'd give it at least 30-45 minuted prior to opening.) We got in line at 8:50 & entered the park at 9:25.

But the savings in $$$ more than make up for the inconvenience.

Have Fun!!!!

Here's a Link to an post about Armed Services Discounts, but I don't know whether they're doing anything for Police or Fire personel.

Any of our CM's got any idea on this?

Sarangel

My husband is NYPD and his pct is located a block away from Ground Zero.

We are booked on a RCI cruise in March and on the way down to Miami, may make a stop at Universal to take them up on their generous offer of the Hero's code.
Then in October, we have scheduled another cruise, this time on Carnival, since they too had a promo for anyone directly involved in the rescue efforts of 9/11. We had to have his supervisor send a letter to Carnival and we received over 50% off our cruise.
The YMCA also offered victims/victim family members and NYPD/NYFD a free one-year membership for themselves and a substantial discount on a family membership that we took them up on too.
There are many, many other generous companies, corporations, Islands (St. Kitts also offered an all-inclusive trip as well as Hawaii) that have rewarded all those involved in rescue efforts, I just don't understand why Disney has not included other uniformed officers who are there every single day but glad they are showing some patriotism for honoring the military (who I think we should always honor).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter