Discovery Cove ?

gayles

DIS Veteran
We only have 1 Day Free before we arrive at Disney World . Is Discovery Cove an all day experience ? I am very confused /reading all the extras you can add on Example :: Aquatica. Also any suggestions of a Hotel close to Discovery Cove ? Any hints Welcome !

We only have 1 Day Free before we arrive at Disney World . Is Discovery Cove an all day experience ? I am very confused /reading all the extras you can add on Example :: Aquatica. Also any suggestions of a Hotel close to Discovery Cove ? Any hints Welcome !
Admission to Sea World and Acquitica is included with D.C. Admission for 14 days surrounding your visit. It is a half day thing. We will be there next Saturday, and plan to be there by 7. They close around 5. Last time we went we left at 3, and had spent the entire day in the water just enjoying everything they have to offer. This time, we are going to also do the dolphin swim. Last time, we didn't.

I don't have much help on nearby hotels, but if I remember correctly, the B Resort that MouseSavers is always advertising on sale was pretty close when we drove to D.C.

It is definitely worth the trip, especially if you like the beach and swimming with fish and sea creatures! Of course, DF and I spent a huge portion of the day in the lazy river, which was a blast in itself!

This is a Discovery Cove General Information thread I put together a while ago...https://www.disboards.com/threads/discovery-cove-general-information.3587710/

Discovery Cove is definitely an all day experience with the waterways open from 9:00-5:00 pm but the restaurant opening for breakfast at 7:00 am. It is an all-inclusive resort park but there are several optional add-ons - dolphin swim, Seaventure, private cabanas, etc.

With park admission, you are given complimentary admission to SeaWorld and Aquatica for 14 days surrounding your visit.

The B Resort mentioned by the PP is not particularly close to Discovery Cove, but is very close to Disney Springs. Closest hotels to Discovery Cove are Hilton Garden Inn or Renaissance (both on Sea Harbor Drive) or Springhill or Fairfield Suites (both on International Drive)...

upload_2017-6-24_15-54-45.png

I did a lot of research and will be staying at the Fairfield Inn and Suites at Seaworld in Orlando (a partner hotel). You definitely want to plan on being at Discovery Cove all day, as it is only open until 5pm and there is lots to see and all the food is included!

I too am planning a Seaworld/Discovery Cove/Aquatica trip & I've been looking at hotel options. Will be in the area after 5 days at Universal.
Here's a link to the Seaworld partner hotels.
https://seaworld.com/orlando/vacation-packages/hotel-partners/#Official

There's also a few lower priced hotels off of Hawaiian Court that are close by. Haven't stayed there in years and some of the TripAdvisor reviews make these options questionable. Another option is Best Western Orlando Convention Center off Westwood.

I want to make sure I am understanding this correctly, Admission to DC also will include admission to Sea World and their water park Aquatica. So I can spend day 1 at DC. day 2 at Sea World and Day 3 at Aquaica? And does also include parking for all three places?

I want to make sure I am understanding this correctly, Admission to DC also will include admission to Sea World and their water park Aquatica. So I can spend day 1 at DC. day 2 at Sea World and Day 3 at Aquaica? And does also include parking for all three places?

I will be doing this in a couple weeks. Yes, you get 14-day Seaworld/Aquatica admission with Discovery Cove (might be a package). Parking is free at Discovery Cove, but it is not free at SeaWorld and Aquatica is my understanding. Although if you stay a partner hotel they have busing to all parks. If you call a Discovery Cove agent, they are very helpful with answering questions.

When we went the first time a few years ago, parking was free at Discovery Cove and we purchased a parking pass for a week that was good at the other parks. I don't remember exactly what it cost, but I'm thinking it was around $25. We haven't looked into it this time, because we are only doing DC. But I'd suggest you call customer service and they should be able to sell you the parking pass. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter