Discovery Cove!

MrsDanielle

Mouseketeer
For my mom's upcoming 65th birthday, I'm taking her to the one Orlando theme park I've never-been-to-but-always-wanted-to-try, DISCOVERY COVE! Plus of course we'll be taking advantage of those free/included SeaWorld and Aquatica tickets, which I both love! She hasn't been to either, so I'm excited to see what she'll think! We may even attend MNSHP on our last night! We will be staying off property tho, at the brand spanking new TownePlace Suties at Seaworld.

One issue I'm having, and really should have looked into more, is in regards to the mandatory wetsuits/life jackets guests must wear. My mom is a bigger woman (5'2" and about weights in around 160-165) and carries her weight, ahem, up top. So...my concern is will they have something that'll fit her? She LOVES to snorkel, so I really want her to enjoy herself, particularly on her birthday!

Second question, can swimsuit coverups and rash guard shirts be worn in all the water features?

Third question, she will not be doing any watersides at Aquatica, so between the two lazy rivers and the beach/wave pool, is there enough for a non-rider to do? I can already picture the two of us snoozing on the beach! :)

thanks for the help!

For my mom's upcoming 65th birthday, I'm taking her to the one Orlando theme park I've never-been-to-but-always-wanted-to-try, DISCOVERY COVE! Plus of course we'll be taking advantage of those free/included SeaWorld and Aquatica tickets, which I both love! She hasn't been to either, so I'm excited to see what she'll think! We may even attend MNSHP on our last night! We will be staying off property tho, at the brand spanking new TownePlace Suties at Seaworld.

One issue I'm having, and really should have looked into more, is in regards to the mandatory wetsuits/life jackets guests must wear. My mom is a bigger woman (5'2" and about weights in around 160-165) and carries her weight, ahem, up top. So...my concern is will they have something that'll fit her? She LOVES to snorkel, so I really want her to enjoy herself, particularly on her birthday!

Second question, can swimsuit coverups and rash guard shirts be worn in all the water features?

Third question, she will not be doing any watersides at Aquatica, so between the two lazy rivers and the beach/wave pool, is there enough for a non-rider to do? I can already picture the two of us snoozing on the beach! :)

thanks for the help!

I can't really comment on the sizing of the wetsuits/swim vests- I don't have that "up top" issue - lol! But there are a wide variety of sizes. She may be more comfortable in one of the vests but might then find it chilly in the snorkling lagoon. Also, not sure if this is part of your plan or not, but if you do the shark encounter, you have to wear a full long sleeve suit.

There is nothing in the attire policy that says rash guards, etc. can't be worn.

With regard to Aquatica, as long as she is ok relaxing in the sun, reading a book, etc., she will be fine...I am not much of a waterslide rider and Aquatica is my 2nd favorite water park (after Discovery Cove :) ) Maybe you might want to consider a cabana? Depending on your dates, they can be very reasonably priced and a good value in my opinion.

Here are links to two threads I maintain on each park:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/discovery-cove-general-information.3587710/

https://www.disboards.com/threads/aquatica-general-information.3559231/

Oh thank you so much for your reply!

I spoke with mom this weekend and she's super excited to rent a cabana for the day! It's true that I'm spoiling her, but it's worth it - she'll love it!

BTW - we are now officially going to MNSSHP on the 12th, so we'll have a jam packed four days in Orlando, but it's going to be so much fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter