Disembarkation question..... crazy as it is!

mimmiepnp

DIS Veteran
I know this is a crazy question to ask right now but with two cruises cancelled in these past few months, I can only be hopeful, wish and dream about our 2021 cruise out of Rome.
Planning is always such a fun part of the process........ even if a year away with all this craziness so here goes.
On disembarkation day from DCL in Rome to get to airport what is the recommended earliest time to make a flight? Is it 12pm like in Florida or is it later as I play around with flights, which I am not booking at this point, but see direct flights from Rome to our home destination at 12:50pm but am clueless to the timing as we have always done Port Canaveral or Alaska last year.

Thanks for the info and let’s all pray that we will have wonderful memories on our 2021 cruises if we were not able to this year!

PrincessShmoo

DIS veteran
I know this is a crazy question to ask right now but with two cruises cancelled in these past few months, I can only be hopeful, wish and dream about our 2021 cruise out of Rome.
Planning is always such a fun part of the process........ even if a year away with all this craziness so here goes.
On disembarkation day from DCL in Rome to get to airport what is the recommended earliest time to make a flight? Is it 12pm like in Florida or is it later as I play around with flights, which I am not booking at this point, but see direct flights from Rome to our home destination at 12:50pm but am clueless to the timing as we have always done Port Canaveral or Alaska last year.

Thanks for the info and let’s all pray that we will have wonderful memories on our 2021 cruises if we were not able to this year!
I'm not sure what the recommended time is, but I do know the distance between Civitavecchia port to the main airport in Rome is 70km, and basically travel by car takes 50-60 minutes. But I'd allow a bit more time.

• Disney Cruise Line Shipboard Credits up to $1000!
    Just make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel and you’ll receive up to $1000 in shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!
    Click Here for Details

Already have a Disney Cruise Line reservation booked?
    If you booked your DCL reservation within the last 30 days, Email us (DreamsCruise@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com) to see if we can save you money, apply a Shipboard Credit, or recieve our Exclusive Gift!
    *Deposit paid. Not paid in full. Other Restrictions Apply.

• iivye

DIS Veteran
    We did the Med cruise last summer and Disney recommended not book flights out of Rome before noon. We had an 11:50 am flight and made it fine. We did the express walk off with our luggage and took Disney Transportation. I'm pretty sure we were on the first bus to the airport.

mimmiepnp

DIS Veteran
    We did the Med cruise last summer and Disney recommended not book flights out of Rome before noon. We had an 11:50 am flight and made it fine. We did the express walk off with our luggage and took Disney Transportation. I'm pretty sure we were on the first bus to the airport.
    We have never done express walk off. What time do the buses start to leave for airport?

• EXCLUSIVE - Dreams Unlimited Travel Gift Basket!
    Book your Disney Cruise Line vacation through Dreams Unlimited Travel and receive an exclusive, complimentary Gift Basket. This Gift Basket is a result of client feedback as well as posts from DISboards.com; we call it our “What you didn't know you needed on a Disney Cruise Kit”.
    Click Here for Details

• Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.

Book your Disney Cruise through Dreams Unlimited Travel and receive a Shipboard Credit and an Exclusive Gift Basket!

DECK PLANS

STATEROOMS

ITINERARIES