Disney’s meaning of ‘Will accommodate 5...’

Iestyn5150

Endlessly chasing dots!
I’ve noticed on resorts like Boardwalk and Saratoga Springs that even though the 1 bedroom only sleeps 4 officially it does state that Disney will allow 5 but won’t supply extra bedding and towels etc...

Does this mean they’ll allow a 5th person to squeeze into the bed or sofa bed or do Disney supply a camp bed or such to sleep on but with no bedding?

A little clarity on this would be helpful if anyone knows, thanks.

I’ve noticed on resorts like Boardwalk and Saratoga Springs that even though the 1 bedroom only sleeps 4 officially it does state that Disney will allow 5 but won’t supply extra bedding and towels etc...

Does this mean they’ll allow a 5th person to squeeze into the bed or sofa bed or do Disney supply a camp bed or such to sleep on but with no bedding?

A little clarity on this would be helpful if anyone knows, thanks.
So when booking on points certain rooms (like those you noted) are allowed to sleep 5 people except exactly as you stated a bed/sleeping surface, bedding, towels, etc will not be provided for the 5th person. Those are on the owner to bring. I should also note that when booking the rooms through Disney on cash they are 4 people only.

So when booking on points certain rooms (like those you noted) are allowed to sleep 5 people except exactly as you stated a bed/sleeping surface, bedding, towels, etc will not be provided for the 5th person. Those are on the owner to bring. I should also note that when booking the rooms through Disney on cash they are 4 people only.

Thanks for that. So it basically means you can squeeze an extra person in but no allowances will be made for them. So I could bring an air bed and they could use that? Great, good to know. Thanks again.

Thanks for that. So it basically means you can squeeze an extra person in but no allowances will be made for them. So I could bring an air bed and they could use that? Great, good to know. Thanks again.
Correct you can bring an air mattress.

Yes, air bed would work along with sheets and a blanket if need be. There will be an extra pillow on the king in the master.

You should be aware that the reason sleeper chair wasn't added to these resorts was lack of space to pull it out. So you can bring an air mattress, and many people make it work, but you may find yourself tripping over it, depending on where you choose to stick it.

You should be aware that the reason sleeper chair wasn't added to these resorts was lack of space to pull it out. So you can bring an air mattress, and many people make it work, but you may find yourself tripping over it, depending on where you choose to stick it.

If it’s a self inflatable bed it can be deflated during the day and then re-inflated ready for bedtime. I wouldn’t be leaving it up through the day, it would indeed be in the way, as you said.

Last time we stayed at BCV we just stood the air mattress up against the wall in the corner near the balcony door during the day.

That would make sense. Or I could put it on top of the bed in the bedroom though the day, it’s not going to be in the way there.

You might also need to purchase an additional towel pack ($6). There is only one bathroom in the BWV, BRV, BCV & SSR 1-bedrooms. Each bathroom comes with 4 bath towels, 2 hand towels, a bath mat and 4 face cloths.

Whenever we have used air mattresses, we just purchase the single mattresses that have a power cord and inflate themselves. You can get them at Walmart, and probably Amazon. Then in the daytime we stand them up against the wall, if there is room, or deflate them if not. Sometimes you have to kind of slide some of the furniture around to make them fit, and most of the furniture is not made to move easily.

If it’s a self inflatable bed it can be deflated during the day and then re-inflated ready for bedtime. I wouldn’t be leaving it up through the day, it would indeed be in the way, as you said.

You may still be tripping over someone to get to the bathroom in the middle of the night - that's usually my concern. But there are places to stick it - like the kitchen or the master bedroom, where its less in the way.

Even though the 1 bed at CCV are on the smaller end, I wish they would have allowed this option as well
I feel like it wouldn't have cost them much to turn either a sofa, a love seat or a recliner chair into a small bed for a child of around 10 or less. Wouldn't have taken much room. MOST traveling parties have at least one person who is a younger child, and this would have freed up a bed for an older child or adult.

I feel like it wouldn't have cost them much to turn either a sofa, a love seat or a recliner chair into a small bed for a child of around 10 or less. Wouldn't have taken much room. MOST traveling parties have at least one person who is a younger child, and this would have freed up a bed for an older child or adult.

I agree. Even if there isn’t room for a twin chair bed in the lounge area they could easily fit one in the bedroom, where there is already a chair in situ.

Sorry if I’m hijacking the thread but I’ve had a conversation with MS about this type of room and found it odd that if you add a 5th person they will not allow you to add an infant as they do with every other type of room on the property. If you can fit 5 plus an infant in a studio with a Murphy bed I see no reason why you shouldn’t be able to add an infant in a 1BR that will accommodate 5.

I agree. Even if there isn’t room for a twin chair bed in the lounge area they could easily fit one in the bedroom, where there is already a chair in situ.

Sorry if I’m hijacking the thread but I’ve had a conversation with MS about this type of room and found it odd that if you add a 5th person they will not allow you to add an infant as they do with every other type of room on the property. If you can fit 5 plus an infant in a studio with a Murphy bed I see no reason why you shouldn’t be able to add an infant in a 1BR that will accommodate 5.

It may come down to Fire Code depending on which Fire Code the State of Florida follows. Adding people to the unit may require additional exits which are harder to add to existing buildings. The sleeper chairs are pretty wide and heavy and usually don't fit in the bedrooms. All the side chairs I have seen in the one bedrooms are not nearly as wide or heavy as the sleeper chair.

Arrived home from BWV last week. We shared a 2Bdrm with DS, DDIL and their 3 children. DS is 6 feet tall and spent more than one night sleeping on the table which turns into a small bed. It was a case of musical beds with the kids.

Arrived home from BWV last week. We shared a 2Bdrm with DS, DDIL and their 3 children. DS is 6 feet tall and spent more than one night sleeping on the table which turns into a small bed. It was a case of musical beds with the kids.
He must have curled up on the murphy bed because it's not six feet long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!